XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help! 3ga to mp3 converter

Tip us?

major c
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Help! 3ga to mp3 converter

Last night I just held my S2 at shoulder level half way back in one of my wife's concerts in a 12th century abbey here in France, and to my complete surprise the "voice recorder" has produced the most superb recording when I was about half way back in the room (swallows and bats flying around as well!).

Only one problem.

I can send the file to my box.net site and everyone can download and listen using Apple Quick Time, but the French would love to convert to mp3.

I can't seem to find a programme that does it.

Thanks for any help.

forelli
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Seriously, have you ever heard about Google? Chances are it's your phone browser's homepage... In the forum rules, you're strongly advised to use the search function. Guess what? It doesn't only apply to the forum: whenever you need an information please search first and then ask for help if you don't find anything. Opening a thread for such a topic instead of using google...
Mods please close this useless thread.
f.
Sent from the Dark Side using Sith mastery of The Force
HTC One
S-OFF
Big thanks to the Revolutionary Dev Team

If I was useful to you, please press the THANKS button

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me." Sith Code
gplus.to/Starkiller as Galen Marek Twitter: @Darth_Sideous as Dantius Palpatine
The Following User Says Thank You to forelli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

major c
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I did try google and, I know as on oldie, I am presumed to be stupid, but there wasn't anything that worked.

Sorry for any offence.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me." Sith Code BUT I AM TO BE PRESUMED TO BE A KNOW-ALL AND ALL OTHERS ARE CRETINS

Timsalabim1979
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I recommend this:
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

nihal.shaikh
Old
Thanks Meter 8
try Total Video Converter

minipaolo
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by forelli View Post
Seriously, have you ever heard about Google? Chances are it's your phone browser's homepage... In the forum rules, you're strongly advised to use the search function. Guess what? It doesn't only apply to the forum: whenever you need an information please search first and then ask for help if you don't find anything. Opening a thread for such a topic instead of using google...
Mods please close this useless thread.
f.
Sent from the Dark Side using Sith mastery of The Force
Arrogant! Go back to where you come from. You could read the thread subject and avoid it if you don't want to give you help.

I was looking for the same info, as I didn't find anything useful by searching on google.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to minipaolo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jmaddox1978
Old
(Last edited by jmaddox1978; 16th October 2011 at 11:36 AM.) Reason: misspellings
Thanks Meter 3
Default May work for you to change 3ga to mp3

Hi,

This isn't very technical, however, I just changed the file extension from .3ga to .mp3 . I just gave it a try out of frustration and it now plays as an mp3 on all of my devices.

be sure to copy the file and then change the file extension on the copied file in case it doesn't work for you.

Hope it helps.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmaddox1978 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BlogYourEarth
Old
(Last edited by BlogYourEarth; 16th June 2012 at 11:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Hi major c,

I had the same problem a few days ago. I solved the 3ga to mp3 converting problem and wrote a small HowTo. I used the programm "3GP to MP3 Converter".

Here you will find a short description how to convert 3ga to mp3 files.

Hope this helps you,

BlogYourEarth

codedeveloper
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minipaolo View Post
Arrogant! Go back to where you come from. You could read the thread subject and avoid it if you don't want to give you help.

I was looking for the same info, as I didn't find anything useful by searching on google.
Totally agree! Could really do without people like that on the forums!
Device: Nexus 5
Network:Three UK
The Following User Says Thank You to codedeveloper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lsulliva
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Smile FOrmat factory works for this any many other conversions - great SW

formatoz.com

The Following User Says Thank You to lsulliva For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]