[HOWTO] Disable ALL camera sound AND possible fix for battery drain
HOWTO: Disable Camera Sound (completely silent)
Without deleting anything.
As pointed out by nickbarbs
, after you have completed one of the below methods, the Camera sound is controlled via "System Sounds"
. If you turn up, down, or off the "System Sounds", the Camera sound would be changed respectively.
This means that you can now control the camera sound at will via volume control functions.
1. Create a file called "local.prop" in /data/ if it doesn't exist. Example: "/data/local.prop"
2. Open the file "/data/local.prop"
3. add the line to the file:
4. Reboot and all sound in the camera app is completely silent.
5. To recover the sound, you can either delete the local.prop file or change the code to:
METHOD 2: ADB
1. unrar the attached file "local.prop.rar"
2. copy the "local.prop" file to your ADB folder
3. ADB push local.prop /data/local.prop
4. Reboot phone.
5. To restore sound, just delete local.prop and reboot
POSSIBLE BATTERY DRAIN FIX
In addition, for those who are having huge battery drains from Android OS, I also had it. On original KDD firmware, no problem at all, but after updating to KE2 with KIES, I had it all afternoon. I did a hard reset, and the battery drain seemed to go away, but I can neither guarantee or give a 100% confirmation (considering the fact that the Android OS battery usage is based on %, so if I constantly use the phone, Display goes up to 54% and Android OS drops to 10%
Did a hard reboot by the following method:
Will delete apps and all data; phone will boot like new phone.
1. Make sure phone is root first if you want root, and both SU and BUSYBOX installed
2. Shut down phone
3. Hold on the "UP" and "HOME" key, and press the "POWER" button for 2-3 seconds to turn on the phone (make sure to release the "POWER" key after the phone turns on, but continue holding "UP" and "HOME")
4. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and then "wipe cache partition" to remove both.
5. "Reboot system"
6. Once phone has rebooted, Root stays if properly installed, and phone starts off like new.
7. I have been using the phone since for 7 hours now, and seems better.