Post Reply

[HOWTO] Disable ALL camera sound AND possible fix for battery drain

OP kohiiou

18th May 2011, 04:39 AM   |  #31  
kevinlow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 63
 
931 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiekhan

^^ I just used root explorer and deleted all the camera audio ogg files from system/audio/ui

I also edited the battery charged notification sound in Audacity and dropped it 10dB so I still get the sound but it's much quieter.

using root explorer now and i cant see any audio folder under system/

maybe can u advise further on this??

many thanks
18th May 2011, 05:33 AM   |  #32  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
277 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Yes where are the camera audio files located?

Found it: /system/media/audio/ui

and the autofocus sound is here: /system/app/Camera.apk/res/raw/
Last edited by ignign0kt; 18th May 2011 at 06:52 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ignign0kt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2011, 05:46 AM   |  #33  
kevinlow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 63
 
931 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignign0kt

Yes where are the camera audio files located?

Found it: /system/audio/ui/shutter.ogg

and the autofocus sound is here: /system/app/Camera.apk/res/raw/

i still can't find any audio folder under system.. making me crazy now..

and i found the camera.apk but it only allows me to install but not delete any file..
18th May 2011, 06:02 AM   |  #34  
AmesCell's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
245 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlow

i still can't find any audio folder under system.. making me crazy now..

and i found the camera.apk but it only allows me to install but not delete any file..

I think the Audio is really /system/media/audio/ui
18th May 2011, 06:52 AM   |  #35  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
277 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Yeah that's right, I wrote the wrong path ;\
18th May 2011, 07:04 AM   |  #36  
kevinlow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 63
 
931 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmesCell

I think the Audio is really /system/media/audio/ui

got it... many thanks for the help ya..
18th May 2011, 07:07 AM   |  #37  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
277 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
What about the screen shot sound? It's very loud and annoying. I hope this can be disabled?
18th May 2011, 07:53 AM   |  #38  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
306 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignign0kt

What about the screen shot sound? It's very loud and annoying. I hope this can be disabled?

Agreed

I took screenshot whilst I was on the train and I got some strange looks when the sound went off. Quite embarrassing

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
18th May 2011, 09:39 AM   |  #39  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
277 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by robot1000

Agreed

I took screenshot whilst I was on the train and I got some strange looks when the sound went off. Quite embarrassing

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Haha yeah people probably think you're a perv or something lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App
18th May 2011, 02:54 PM   |  #40  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 17
 
202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignign0kt

What about the screen shot sound? It's very loud and annoying. I hope this can be disabled?

guys.. you can just silence your phone and it disables this sound

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes