Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,738 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC (One X) Sense 4 theme on Galaxy S2 CM

Tip us?

b_bhavu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Wink HTC (One X) Sense 4 theme on Galaxy S2 CM

I was so obsessed with new HTC One X and started thinking to buy it. But like many others I have just bought GS2 few months ago and still under the contract.
So here is the steps how you get htc one series (Sense 4) interface on your galaxy s2. I have searched a bit and compile these things for interested people.
I have it set up on CM 7.2. (People call it minimal and simplistic rom but it has got one killer feature “theme chooser” that makes it possible to look your device UI look like anything.)
So before you look further, you have to have CM 7 running on your device.
Step 1 – Download and extract this folder http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17952927/HTC...GS2/sense4.rar

Step 2 – Install NTsense.apk (credit to nhnt11) and apply it from theme chooser

Step 3 –Download and Install Go launcher ex from play store https://play.google.com/store/search...cher+ex&c=apps

Step 4 – Download and install this theme for go launcher (paid) and apply https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...VtZS5zZW5zZSJd

Step 5 – Download and install fancy widgets https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

Step 6 – If you have installed it for the first time then go in fancy widgets app>Appearance settings>Clock skins>All and download any skin you like. This will create a folder Android/data/fancywidgets/clockskins in your sd card. Find the “H7CSlateClock” folder from the folder I have shared and put it under clockskins. Apply widget and select the H7Cslateclock skin.

Step 7 – Download and install magiclocker main app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dpY2xvY2tlciJd

Step 8 – Download and install sense3.0 magic locker theme and apply it https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...1sLnNlbmNlMyJd

Step 9 – find the sense 4 wallpapers and ringtones in the shared folder and use whatever you like.

Step 10 - Enjoy

Note – You have to do a bit of workaround with magic locker as it will divert you to its own home replacement forcibly but then you can change it under the magic locker settings.

Use circular transition under go launcher settings to make it more SENSible.

So do you still need HTC One X. I don't think so. It just saved you a few hundread dollars, isn't it?
PLEASE DONATE IF YOU LIKE MY WORK OR AT LEAST HIT THANKS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1332747628028.jpg
Views:	5674
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	965953   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1332747645133.jpg
Views:	5875
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	965954   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1332747659492.jpg
Views:	4938
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	965955   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1332747685652.jpg
Views:	4435
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	965956   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1332747865002.jpg
Views:	4343
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	965959  

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to b_bhavu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

norpan111
Old
Thanks Meter 537
So..you just buy phones based on their themes? :s my phone doesn't get quad core and a good speedy ics version from theming. Nice funding thou

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

b_bhavu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by norpan111 View Post
So..you just buy phones based on their themes? :s my phone doesn't get quad core and a good speedy ics version from theming. Nice funding thou

But you don't change your phone every now and then. BTW HTC One XL is dual core phone. As far as ICS is concern, I don't find a single stable and fast ROM as compare to GB ROMS. Yes not even Samsung official ICS. Anyway its a matter of perception.
I haven't tried it on CM 9 though. Did you try it?

Press Thanks button if My post helped you!

almaalma74
Old
Thanks Meter 30
odex stock LPQ is stable... Go launcher is laggy, but it is GO ICS bugs only, try it w/ Apex launcher (deoxed versions are unstable only)
don't waste ur time with buggy custom, never finished roms, search only a good kernel for ur stock odexed rom

tahirakramch
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Perfect on Samsung Galaxy Ace

+1. Loving it more than ICS theme.

smartsreenath
Old
Thanks Meter 14
tried it and looks good,thanks for the detail tutorial

CUREENT:SAMSUNG GALAXY S 4
SAMSUNG GALAXY S 3
SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB PLUS
HTC LEGEND

norpan111
Old
Thanks Meter 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_bhavu View Post
But you don't change your phone every now and then. BTW HTC One XL is dual core phone. As far as ICS is concern, I don't find a single stable and fast ROM as compare to GB ROMS. Yes not even Samsung official ICS. Anyway its a matter of perception.
I haven't tried it on CM 9 though. Did you try it?

One xl is dual but the op says one x. And here in europe thats gonna be a quad! Same here, found no ICS that can match GB. And i think Sense 4.0 i so much better then stock ICS look...i dont like it at all and its something you really can get tired of fast.

b_bhavu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by norpan111 View Post
One xl is dual but the op says one x. And here in europe thats gonna be a quad! Same here, found no ICS that can match GB. And i think Sense 4.0 i so much better then stock ICS look...i dont like it at all and its something you really can get tired of fast.

cool, then use it till you buy new HTC one x.
I wanted to mention sense 4 only but thought it would be more picky if I mention one x.
BTW for the lag in go launcher, you can set it to smooth in the settings. I just tested this on latest cm9 nightly and its all good for me.
Going back GB once again.

boultonn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile CM9 Compatibility?

Hi,
Will this method work on CM9 nightly builds?

b_bhavu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by boultonn View Post
Hi,
Will this method work on CM9 nightly builds?
Except theme chooser part you can follow all steps.