Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,095 Members 41,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][ICS][9'Jun] * Battery Mod Tool * ALL CM9/Samsung ROMs *

Tip us?

melorib
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne77 View Post
Hey mate,
I'm not sure about Sammy ROMs but are you saying you want to remove the clock completely? If so, it should be in your settings somewhere. You shouldn't have to mod SystemUI. If you can't find it, send me your SystemUI and I will take a look.
It is ICS LP9 custom...

As you see, on the lockscreen it doesnt show the clock, much nicer, I dont need the small unreadable clock to burn the screen

Must be easy, if you know, to do the same on home screen

SAMSUNG Galaxy S5 - SM-G900F ROM OMEGA

shayne77
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 690

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeyerA View Post
Good morning,
No I opened the SystemUI.apk and went to the /res/drawable-hdpi folder then marked the png's from the circle battery zip and just moved it there.....then closed the SystemUI.apk and was there.
I checked last night - my phone changed when coming from 58% to 57% to the stock battery. Then when I came to 56% it returned to the circle. I charged immediately and saw that it moved back to stock battery when I came to 57%. I checked the SystemUI.apk and have the circle png for 57%.....Is there another source in the phone where the png can come from?

UPDATE - also 85% is stock battery png
No. I don't think so. Check the other folders though to be sure.

sent from my XOOM using XDA Premium HD
Samsung Galaxy S4 mini: running...
ROM: KK-4.4.2: CM.11 Nightlies
Google Nexus 7: running...

Retired, hall of fame:
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy S2

melorib
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne77 View Post
Hey mate,
I'm not sure about Sammy ROMs but are you saying you want to remove the clock completely? If so, it should be in your settings somewhere. You shouldn't have to mod SystemUI. If you can't find it, send me your SystemUI and I will take a look.
All I want is for the clock not to show on status ber, like in lockscreen, I would like to be able to do it myself everytime there is a new version of the ROM

I have been trying to figure out APKTool, but I cannot even install what it sugests after instalation

http://melorib.com/data/SystemUI.apk

GeyerA
Old
Thanks Meter 829

DONATE TO ME
hello shayne77
I made the same job on the Thunderbolt which I have in spare and do not have the same issues I got on the Galaxy Nexus....I run Twistedumbrella's ICS. Have not noticed any stock battery png coming back. Just for your information. In case you got a clue what to try, just shoot....

ferrigato
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Very nice work! Thx!

swlo2007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you so much.
I also like the blue Wi-Fi signal and 3g signal icons as shown in the thread. I would much appreciate it if you could make the .png images available for download.

I could replace them in the SystemUI.apk myself.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

melorib
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
HOW TO CENTER CLOCK

-decompile your SystemUI.apk
-navigate to your decompiled folder and go to res>layout>status_bar.xml
-look for this line:
Code:
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock
-delete the stock clock line, delete the entire line
-next go to the top of your status_bar.xml and place your cursor at the end of this line:
Code:
xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
-press "enter" to create an empty line
-place your cursor at the beginning of that empty line and paste this line of code:
Code:
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center" androidrientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="center" androidaddingTop="3.0px" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
</LinearLayout>
-make sure everything lines up (see my xml below)
-lastly, find this line:
Code:
<LinearLayout androidrientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker"
-right after "@id/ticker" add this drawable:
Code:
android:background="@drawable/status_bar_bg_tile"
That's it for the Center Clock. Recompile and if you used apktool sign your new SystemUI.apk using apkmanager (option 16)

Here is an example of how your status_bar.xml should look like

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusB arView androidrientation="vertical" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background" android:focusable="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center" androidrientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="center" androidaddingTop="3.0px" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
</LinearLayout>
<LinearLayout androidrientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" androidaddingLeft="6.0dip" androidaddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<LinearLayout androidrientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarIconVie w android:id="@id/moreIcon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/stat_notify_more" />
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" androidrientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
</LinearLayout>
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" androidrientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center" androidrientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/signal_battery_cluster" androidaddingLeft="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<include android:id="@id/signal_cluster" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" layout="@layout/signal_cluster_view" />
<ImageView android:id="@id/battery" androidaddingLeft="4.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
</LinearLayout>
</LinearLayout>
<LinearLayout androidrientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_bg_tile" androidaddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip">
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageVie w android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:scaleType="center" />
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageVie w android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:scaleType="center" />
</ImageSwitcher>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" androidaddingTop="2.0dip" androidaddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
<TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" androi

I did all this, replaced SystemUI\res\Layout\Status_bar but nothing changed

Werewolf88
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Battery Mod Tool doesn't work with Omega rom

shayne77
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 690

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by swlo2007 View Post
Thank you so much.
I also like the blue Wi-Fi signal and 3g signal icons as shown in the thread. I would much appreciate it if you could make the .png images available for download.

I could replace them in the SystemUI.apk myself.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
I will see what I can do today.
I got busy over the weekend with my son's birthday etc.

Retired, hall of fame:
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy S2

shayne77
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 690

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf88 View Post
Battery Mod Tool doesn't work with Omega rom
Most likely because SystemUI can not be decompiled. Send me your SystemUI and I will take a look.

Retired, hall of fame:
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy S2