[MOD] Phone.apk without increasing ring - KL1

Search This thread

cmd512

Aug 25, 2009
Shanghai
XWKJ3 deodexed (works on odexed too... just delete Phone.odex and clear out your Dalvik cache). :)

Attachments

• Phone.apk
    4.1 MB · Views: 105
Reactions: sadonlyone

gervasius

Jan 10, 2007
Zagreb
Hi

Does it possible to have phone.apk with noise reduction turned off by default?

I would be very happy

Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

xiga

Apr 26, 2007
Hey guys,

I'm running the XWKJ2 frankenstein ROM from Intratech's thread (XWKJ2|XXKI3|XEUKH2). I'm also using CF-Root (KJ2 v5.0).

I've always wanted this non-increasing ring, but with the need to keep applying it with every new ROM i've held off up until now.

Well i think i'll now stick with 2.3.5 until ICS comes along, so i'd like to now finally do this! Trouble is, i don't know the diff between odexed and deodexed, and i'm a bit scared of messing up my phone and having to end up doing a factory reset.

Is this easy to undo if i find it unstable, or i get some FC's? Also, can some kind person post a CWM odexed version for me please? (that's the right one for my ROM i take it?)

Cheers guys.

cmd512

Aug 25, 2009
Shanghai
I have no interest in making an ODEX'd version. I'm running an ODEX'd ROM and using the deodexed Phone.apk with 0 issues, please just use that one.

Reactions: xiga

cmd512

Aug 25, 2009
Shanghai
XWKK2 attached. Same drill if you are on stock/odex ROM like me... copy over to system\app, delete the original Phone.odex, and clear Dalvik cache+reboot.

Attachments

• Phone.apk
    4.1 MB · Views: 164
Last edited:

xiga

Apr 26, 2007
Hey guys,

I tried this mod a week or two ago while i was on KJ2 and it didn't work for me, so i decided to upgrade to KK5 and see if it would then work.

Well, it still hasn't worked for me. The first couple of seconds of my ringtone are still extremely low when my phone rings. I flashed the ROM, then rooted using CF-Root, then immediately tried the mod and no joy. I'm using the XEU version of KK5, if that helps any.

Can anyone offer any help with this? Surely it's just a case of installing the .zip in CWM as per any other flasheable zip? What am i missing here?!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!

Sorry it took me so long to return, I was busy enjoing the summer... and that comes with a price as well... juggling work and vacation. It's been crazy with me at work as well so that didn't really help...

Anyways, for those who don't know me, I did the non increasing ring mod for the Galaxy S i9000, and now I'm here to do the same for the SGS II. My previous work is found here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=759537

Info:
    Get rid of the increasing ring when someone calls you. As long as I can remember, most samsung phones had this "feature" where when you receive a call, the ringtone will gradually fade in to the volume that you have set. This mod will get rid of that annoying fade-in and allow your ringtone to play at the volume that you set it to!

REMEMBER~! Your phone needs to be deodexed for this to work!!! Also, this mod is version specific! Only use the modified APK with the same deodexed ROM. You have been warned.

Instructions:
    MAKE SURE your firmware is deodexed and you are using the right fix to the proper firmware!!
    1. Put the phone into "Flight Mode" either by holding power while the device is on and selecting Flight Mode from the submenu, or by selecting Flight Mode from the Settings menu.
    2. Use a terminal, or root explorer, or any app you want to copy Phone.apk to /system/app/. Make sure the file is Phone.apk instead of phone.apk. Some people copied it as phone.apk (lowercase P), so make sure its Phone.apk. --(If you still get a FC, don't worry, just proceed to step 3.)
    3. Reboot the phone.

OR

if the file has CWM in it, just use CWM!

-YG007

Update:
    Here is the latest mod for XWKK5, CWM!! :D

Update: 12.17.2011
    Here is the latest mod for XXKL1, CWM!! :D

Enjoy!!
    Here is XWLA4 deodexed "Phone.apk" featuring :

• No increasing ring.
    • Noise supression OFF by default and deleted.

Enjoy !
    KI3 non increasing ring odex/deodex (CWM)
    Ok just found the way to make it.
    In fact it was due to the compresssion level which I forgot to set to "0" before compiling again the apk. :D

Just tried it, and it works on my KI8 Kitchen ROM. :)

Here is my deodexed "Phone.apk" featuring :
    • No increasing ring.
    • Noise supression OFF by default and deleted.
    • ZIPaligned.

Enjoy !
    use baksmali-1.3.2.jar & smali-1.3.2.jar can do fine,but that way not works,always has increasing ring ,Maybe 4.0.3 change something we don't know...............
    Ah ok! I see.
    I thought LPB was still Gingerbread firmware, so yes 4.0.3 definitely changed many stuffs about Phone.apk. Maybe APK Multi-Tools actually can't decompile properly ICS apk's ?

Can you make an odex version please?
    Thanks in advance!
    Sure, I can give a try if you send me a original LA4 Phone.apk from an odexed rom ;) it's just a "Phone.odex" to add into the apk zip, but can only be found from this. ;)