Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,908 Members 53,613 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][ICS][XPOSED] Tweakbox: no-flashing tweaks collection (1.4.0)(23.01.2013)

Tip us?

EP2008
Old
Thanks Meter 292
Default Re: [MOD][ICS][XPOSED] Tweakbox: no-flashing tweaks collection (1.3.2)(23.01.2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosimple View Post
Perhaps he mean eg for white background to make it black, and for black letters to make them white.. This would be amazing especially for amoled screens if it is possible. .
This can be done in the stock browser by going to the settings -> accessibility -> inverted rendering.

Of course, this isn't perfect as web pages that already have a black background will now be inverted to white, which defeats the purpose, but for most pages it does work well.

I'd love to know if a mod for Xposed could possibly strip/replace the background code for ANY app so it displays pure black. I'm getting bothered by "dark themes" in apps (i.e. twitter apps), which are just dark grey and offer NO help with battery life. If those backgrounds could just be replaced with pure black, we'd be able to save some precious battery life

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 w/ KK 4.4.2 (stock rom)
Apple iPad 4th gen w/ iOS 7
HP Touchpad w/ WebOS and CM9 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
MSI 110W Windows 8 tablet

rovo89
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 13636
I'm not sure if that is possible.. After all, the foreground colors would need to be changed as well, right? The first hurdle is finding all the views that need to be changed. Then, what to do with the colors? Maybe they could be inverted, but that only works fine for shades of grey (sorry for the pun ). And I'm also not sure if such changes can simply be done for everything on the screen or how many exceptions there are.

Regarding the inverted rendering - I couldn't find that on my phone (I'm on CM10.1). Would be interesting to know whether this is something in the kernel (like the night mode e.g. in Siyah kernels) or in the Java stack.
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!

EP2008
Old
Thanks Meter 292
Default [MOD][ICS][XPOSED] Tweakbox: no-flashing tweaks collection (1.3.2)(23.01.2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89 View Post

Regarding the inverted rendering - I couldn't find that on my phone (I'm on CM10.1). Would be interesting to know whether this is something in the kernel (like the night mode e.g. in Siyah kernels) or in the Java stack.
Hmmm. I've got it on my galaxy note 2 stock and my Asus transformer stock browser. I believe it should be on any stock 4.0+ firmware, unless CM uses a different browser.

Sent from my iPad 4th gen using Tapatalk 2
------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 w/ KK 4.4.2 (stock rom)
Apple iPad 4th gen w/ iOS 7
HP Touchpad w/ WebOS and CM9 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
MSI 110W Windows 8 tablet

rovo89
Old
Thanks Meter 13636
Sorry, I didn't read carefully enough. I overlooked that this is for the browser and looked in the accessibility settings for the system. Yes, that exists also in CM. I have checked the source code for this and unfortunately, it all happens in native code and is only for WebViews...
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?

Fevves
Old
(Last edited by Fevves; 9th February 2013 at 04:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 86
How about completely disabling (not only making 100% transparent) systembar clock? Maybe it's rather easy, but not being a developer I find it hard to achieve such tweak. Is it possible to implement in Tweakbox?

Edit: I forgot to mention I'm not on Cm, AOSP or AOKP based rom so I can't move or toggle the clock on/off on the status bar.
Actual phone:
SGS4 i9505 Stock 4.2.2 rooted
Domination moded thanks to Vertumus
Xposed moded thanks to Rovo89
Wanam Xposed moded thanks to wanam
Manually debloated by removing 508mb of system apks
tbc

Old (& now sold) phone
SGS2 on Ice Cream Sandwich ROM:

rovo89
Old
Thanks Meter 13636
Well, as I'm on CM since the beginning of the year, I'm not using Tweakbox anymore... therefore, I won't add now features to Tweakbox, but will concentrate on modules I can/want to use for myself as well.

Fevves
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Well, as I'm on CM since the beginning of the year, I'm not using Tweakbox anymore... therefore, I won't add now features to Tweakbox, but will concentrate on modules I can/want to use for myself as well.
Fair enough. Tweakbox already do miracles and I think everyone is grateful for this Same goes for Xposed framework.

Big :Thank you: for them both.

Cheers.
Actual phone:
SGS4 i9505 Stock 4.2.2 rooted
Domination moded thanks to Vertumus
Xposed moded thanks to Rovo89
Wanam Xposed moded thanks to wanam
Manually debloated by removing 508mb of system apks
tbc

Old (& now sold) phone
SGS2 on Ice Cream Sandwich ROM:

cyberpunk627
Old
Thanks Meter 203
Quote:
mate, any hint or teaser about what is going to come up next?? I just discovered xposed framework and all its mods and WOW...yours is a big and wonderful game changer!!
Thanks a lot for your efforts and help!
Galaxy Note II N7100 | Alliance ROM | 240 dpi

rovo89
Old
Thanks Meter 13636
This is my latest project: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2138089
And otherwise, looking into building a new module repository based on Drupal (but this will take some time).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rovo89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xxsicknessxx
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosimple View Post
Perhaps he mean eg for white background to make it black, and for black letters to make them white.. This would be amazing especially for amoled screens if it is possible. .
Well I find themese are junk they never work right unless made for your rom. And for a person who uses inverted apps I would love to go to my little inverted xposed moduel (or color moduel) put black and have it just default color everything it can black (not the text)

I mean on rootbox which is my rom I use we can invert all color so the screen turns white letters black and its trippy but its not ... its reverse of what I want. Just tired of all the fighting to get newest inverted apps and you never get them all. And I hate how themes cover half of what you want, and there buggy often time causing crashes.... I dunno just be nice for once to have everything BLACK!!! hehe for my eyes i mean and for power saving if any but I dunno I guess just a theme xposed app that themes stuff a bit better then normal theme where its soooo picky how hard could that be? You editing the same files as a theme just doing it before instead of after

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Dunno if this is right place ask this but when using the call recovrd moduel how do you enable it? Like do I need a third party program or will it pop up in the diliar?
Samsung Galaxy S III - I747(rooted)
Rom - Rootbox (nightlys)
Recovery -TWRP

[APP] Rom/Recovery Flashing from phone -------> MobilODIN<--
[Driver|FIX] for the Hardware ID ERROR? Samsung Drivers <--- [don't update]
[TOOL ]Get 32 / 64bit windows ADB--------> Android Comander <--
http://mcsearcher.files.wordpress.co...tightjeans.gif

Tags
xposed