Thread Closed

[REF] Galaxy S 2 Shipped Modem Collection

OP pulser_g2

22nd February 2013, 10:40 AM   |  #1991  
Thanks Meter: 0

84 posts
actually i force 3g from h+ to save battery.. I am looking for a modem offering low latency than bandwidth because I will mostly using them for VOIP calls where latency matters much than bandwidth..
22nd February 2013, 10:41 AM   |  #1992  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 452

751 posts
More
Re: [REF] Galaxy S 2 Shipped Modem Collection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotaxor

I'm using BVLP7 with starhub and is working wonderfully the past 20 days with jelly bean.

Sent from GT-I9100 LSD stock rom

Bvlp7 not working well for me..

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium
22nd February 2013, 10:45 AM   |  #1993  
Thanks Meter: 0

84 posts
@infatality actually, not every modem works fine for everyone.. its more carrier dependent.. NELP2 used to be awesome modem for Singtel but not for M1..
22nd February 2013, 10:49 AM   |  #1994  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 452

751 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsera

actually i force 3g from h+ to save battery.. I am looking for a modem offering low latency than bandwidth because I will mostly using them for VOIP calls where latency matters much than bandwidth..

Actually just leave it as *wcdma preferred* will be good.. H+ or 3g don't really make a difference in better life.. But using long term 3g instead of h+ will use more battery then normal.. I'm have about 3 1/2 on screen time..

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsera

@infatality actually, not every modem works fine for everyone.. its more carrier dependent.. NELP2 used to be awesome modem for Singtel but not for M1..

Yep.. may be carrier dependent too.. As far as I know Singtel and m1 is on the same bandwidth spectrum, starhub isn't.. One way or another maybe..

26th February 2013, 07:57 AM   |  #1995  
Thanks Meter: 3

145 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek

No you don't need to match the RIL.

Unless yore having connection issues.

I'm having radio issues, my phone is working too bad, and I don't know what is RIL pls anyone can explain to me what should I do?
26th February 2013, 01:48 PM   |  #1996  
Flag Angono
Thanks Meter: 1,213

2,029 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyka

None, thats my bad, dupe should be gone in a mo, thanks for the heads up!

Hello mate

MD5's of XXLS6 and LS8 are not added in the checksums.txt as of this moment

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzbeque

I'm having radio issues, my phone is working too bad, and I don't know what is RIL pls anyone can explain to me what should I do?

Asking Google is free my friend

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Interface_Layer
27th February 2013, 07:38 PM   |  #1997  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 199

666 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beston94

Just out of curiosity since you live in the Uk and I do too, which modem would you recommend for O2?

And if by any chance I'm not allowed to ask such questions, please ignore it and don't reply.

Thanks

Also just in case:

I am from the uk and use Giffgaff, this network uses o2 signal, and i use the modem and ril for UHLPH and have found it to be the best out of many combinations i have tried.

Edit: i tried the LBR o2 uk modem and had 0/1bar of h+ at my house, and with UHLPH it is around 3/4bars if im using the internet

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by celderic; 27th February 2013 at 07:41 PM.
1st March 2013, 06:39 AM   |  #1998  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 315

1,241 posts
More
does anyone have Ukraine firmware modem+ril for JB 4.1.2. please update it
1st March 2013, 11:28 PM   |  #1999  
Flag East Maitland, NSW
Thanks Meter: 198

536 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek

9100T MODEMS (Thanks to Intratech):

How's about sharing download links that don't demand you install a download manager (read: virus) to get the file? We appreciate the work you've done in compiling the list and uploading the files, but we shouldn't have to pay for surveys, sign up for other sites or install malware and spyware into our PC's just to update our phones. This is a forum where like-minded people come for help, or provide assistance to those who aren't quite able to get a grasp on a problem they're having. It is NOT a money-making scheme for ripoff merchants to ply their trade...
This is what happens when you click on the links in the first post...
Last edited by djshotty; 1st March 2013 at 11:53 PM. Reason: added pics of where you'll actually end up...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djshotty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2013, 12:01 AM   |  #2000  
Forum Moderator
Flag Cheshire
Thanks Meter: 8,060

8,010 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thread closed and links removed. OP do not use ad based url shorteners (you were using lnx.lu ) as these violate Rule 11 of the Forum Rules

11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
  • Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar/substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
  • Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software, or commercial services. unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-
  • Developers.com.
  • Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
  • Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
  • Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if the following conditions are met:
    A) the site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership who actively maintains XDA-Developers' support thread(s) / posts, related to the download,
    B) the site is a relatively small personal website without commercial advertising/links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jogny For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread