[REF] Galaxy S 2 Shipped Modem Collection

Tip us?

Tyrol
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by agafed View Post
Hi there...

I'm looking for the original Modem of the S2 i9100. I'm a noob, and I don't which of all the modems of this topic I need to download. Can someone guide me please?

Thanks for your patience!
Please read the first page, top 5 posts.

-----------------------
サンソングガラクシS II からタパトクで書いた。
ROM: RootBox 4.0
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (I9100)
Kernel: Dorimanx 9.25
Modem: BVLP7

MyColorScreen: http://mycolorscreen.com/tyrol/
The Following User Says Thank You to Tyrol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rakeshishere
Old
Thanks Meter 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek View Post
You could have just read my Modem Guide in post 2.
My mistake.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 powered by CM9
The Following User Says Thank You to rakeshishere For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ccab
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Did anyone try ZCLPK? I've found some german users being very happy with it

maortrol
Old
(Last edited by maortrol; 26th July 2012 at 04:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 42
Does anybody have a link for downloading XXKG5 modem in .tar (ODIN flashable) file? I can't find it...

I'd like to test it in 4.0.4 LPO rom... LQ6 modem seems to drain battery for me...

geko95gek
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5409

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by maortrol View Post
żDoes anybody have a link for downloading XXKG5 modem in .tar (ODIN flashable) file? I can't find it...

I'd like to test it in this LPO rom... LQ6 modem seems to drain battery for me...
You can just download the zip file:
http://www.veyka.co.uk/radios/I9100_radio_XXKG5_CWM.zip

Then extract modem.bin and flash it with ODIN, as PHONE.

CURRENT DEVICES = HTC One 32GB (Vivid Blue) / Nexus 4 16GB (my gf's)
PREVIOUS = HTC One X / Samsung Galaxy S2 / iPhone 4 / HTC Incredible S / HTC Desire HD

-TRANCE WANTED?-
|||Stream!|Tracklists!|||

Code:
HTC One Vivid Blue on RenovateROM V9.0 and Elemental Kernel

HTC One X | RC FAQ sticky thread = HERE!! (please view it before posting questions!)
The Following User Says Thank You to geko95gek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maortrol
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
You can just download the zip file:
http://www.veyka.co.uk/radios/I9100_radio_XXKG5_CWM.zip

Then extract modem.bin and flash it with ODIN, as PHONE.
Thank you! But I'd like to have a .tar file for keeping it in the internal memory, named as "Modem KG5.tar", such as other .tar modems I have named properly with their respective codes: LQ6, LPX... Because if I rename modem.bin to "Modem KG5.bin", for example, then Mobile Odin doesn't recognize that file as flashable...

How can I build a .tar file from a modem.bin file?

geko95gek
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5409

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thank you! But I'd like to have a .tar file for keeping it in the internal memory, named as "Modem KG5.tar", such as other .tar modems I have named properly with their respective codes: LQ6, LPX... Because if I rename modem.bin to "Modem KG5.bin", for example, then Mobile Odin doesn't recognize that file as flashable...

Can I just ask, whats stopping you from flashing a modem in recovery like everyone else is doing??

You will save yourself a lot of hassle as most modems are now available in CWM zip format, and a lot of the time not in .TAR format. Just like in this case...

PREVIOUS = HTC One X / Samsung Galaxy S2 / iPhone 4 / HTC Incredible S / HTC Desire HD

-TRANCE WANTED?-

Code:

HTC One X | RC FAQ sticky thread = HERE!! (please view it before posting questions!)

maortrol
Old
(Last edited by maortrol; 26th July 2012 at 04:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Can I just ask, whats stopping you from flashing a modem in recovery like everyone else is doing??

You will save yourself a lot of hassle as most modems are now available in CWM zip format, and a lot of the time not in .TAR format. Just like in this case...
I'll tell you: the problem is that I'm actually on LPO rom, with stock kernel, that hasn't CWM for flashing .zip files, and as you'll surely know, it's risky and a bit dangerous use CWM with this rom due to brick-bug present in its kernel. I don't wanna brick my phone using CWM in this rom.

That's the reason why I prefer now flashing files via Mobile Odin. In 4.0.3 roms I've always used CWM for flashing the modem in a .zip file without problems, but this brick-bug in 4.0.4 is making me doing things in a different way...

geko95gek
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5409

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'll tell you: the problem is that I'm actually on LPO rom, with stock kernel, that hasn't CWM for flashing .zip files, and as you'll surely know, it's risky and a bit dangerous use CWM with this rom due to brick-bug present in its kernel. I don't wanna brick my phone using CWM in this rom.

That's the reason why I prefer now flashing files via Mobile Odin. In 4.0.3 roms I've always used CWM for flashing the modem in a .zip file without problems, but this brick-bug in 4.0.4 is making me doing things in a different way...
Well, your solution is very simple.

Flash the latest SiyahKernel in ODIN and you will be able to flash anything in CWM that you want without worrying about bricking your device.

-TRANCE WANTED?-

Code:

The Following User Says Thank You to geko95gek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

neerajganga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1628

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

here
try this

http://foonode.net/file/RxHk

Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100

Rom: Resurrection Remix v2.5.2 | RootBox v1.4 | Current Kernel: Siyah 3.3.2

Lockscreen/Dialer/System Mods For Rootbox v 1.3 & V1.4
Visit Thread

Lockscreen/Dialer/System Mods For Divine Rom i9100g
Visit Thread

Lockscreen/Dialer/System Mods For Resurrection Rom V2.3 ,V2.4 & V2.5
Visit Thread

Please hit the if you find my posts useful.

The Following User Says Thank You to neerajganga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe