[REQ] Statusbar - Transparent background dropdown menu

Search This thread

sixun

Mar 31, 2011
Melun
hello,
Rom stock Samsung ICS LPx :
I want to change myself the color of the dropdown menu (change transparency or another color)
When I decompile, I do not know what are the xml/smali files or png to modify,
because in an ICS rom stock, SystemUI\res\drawable-hdpi\status_bar_background.png don't exist

If you know link or tuto it would be cool !!

sixun

Mar 31, 2011
Melun
Thanks very much !! Your help is very useful :)
In drawable.xlm, i see the line for transparent statut bar
Redlline here :

<item type="drawable" name="notification_number_text_color">#ffffffff</item>
<item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_color">#ff1f2225</item>
<item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_color_pressed">#ff257390</item>
<item type="drawable" name="ticker_background_color">#ff1d1d1d</item>
<item type="drawable" name="status_bar_background">#ff000000</item>
<item type="drawable" name="status_bar_recents_background_solid">#b3000000</item>
<item type="drawable" name="status_bar_recents_app_thumbnail_background">#88000000</item>
<item type="drawable" name="status_bar_notification_row_background_color">#ff090909</item>
<item type="drawable" name="notification_header_bg">#ff000000</item>
<item type="drawable" name="notification_tracking_bg">#d8000000</item>
<item type="drawable" name="recents_callout_line">#99ffffff</item>
<item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_legacy_color">#ffaaaaaa</item>

but what is the line for the dropdown menu
i changed all colors for all lines to test the effects on the SGS2
It's ok for the statubar (without modify smali) and another items but not effect for dropdown menu background

bling2bling

Feb 10, 2012
hello maybe this help you ;) you can try .
1 go to res/layout/tw_status_bar_tracking.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TrackingView android:orientation="vertical" android:paddingLeft="0.0px" android:paddingRight="0.0px" android:paddingBottom="0.0px" android:focusable="true" android:visibility="gone" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <FrameLayout android:background="@drawable/notification_bg" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CloseDragHandle android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/close" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
        <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/tw_status_bar_close_on" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
    </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CloseDragHandle>
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TrackingView>

than go to res/values/drawable.xml
Code:
    <item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_color">@drawable/notification_info_bg_normal</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_color_pressed">@drawable/notification_info_bg_pressed</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="ticker_background_color">#7f000000</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="status_bar_background">#00ffffff</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="status_bar_recents_background_solid">#7f000000</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="status_bar_recents_app_thumbnail_background">#7f000000</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="status_bar_notification_row_background_color">#7f000000</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="notification_header_bg">#7f000000</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="notification_tracking_bg">@drawable/notification_bg</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="recents_callout_line">#7f000000</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_legacy_color">#7f000000</item>
</resources>

"notification_tracking_bg" = Homer Pic;)
"notification_item_background_color" = The blue flame pic (Als Externer Speichergerät...)
"notification_item_background_color_pressed" = The same only red by me...

you have to place the pics in drawable-hdpi, i have take gimp2 to modify & transparent.... than recompile .... and hopefully it works.
Have a nice day :)

Reactions: Brock35

sixun

Mar 31, 2011
Melun
Hello, thanks !, thanks ! thanks ! thanks ! thanks !

Just to be sure if I resume :
1 change in “tw_status_bar_tracking.xml” –
2 or 3 changes in "drawable.xml"
2 or 3 new pictures in drawable/Hdpi :
- notification_bg (transparent background)
- notification_info_bg_normal.png,
- notification_info_bg_pressed

Juste one question:
The format : is it “png” or “.9.png” for the 3 picts?

I think is .9.png because you use gimp

Hack3rxt

May 22, 2010
Burgos
Hi, thanks for your post helped me a lot, now needed to make transparent toogle like this

20120801-d9ac6wfrtn3p9d8pc6x3t31sg1.png

twiztedbeing

Jan 18, 2011
Possibly help me

Hey, I think the semi transparent image with the blue flames is quite cool looking. I have galaxy s3 and am unsure if the same things apply to changing images. Just wondering if you can email me at dan_the_man182003 at yahoo. with a little more help. I would love to figure this out. I have looked at some of the files but they are named differently or I cant find some of them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

For transparent status bar , look my Howto : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1523703

For dropdown menu the values are in the same xml file

res/values/drawable.xml

;)
    hello maybe this help you ;) you can try .
    1 go to res/layout/tw_status_bar_tracking.xml
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TrackingView android:orientation="vertical" android:paddingLeft="0.0px" android:paddingRight="0.0px" android:paddingBottom="0.0px" android:focusable="true" android:visibility="gone" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
      xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
        <FrameLayout android:background="@drawable/notification_bg" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CloseDragHandle android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/close" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
            <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/tw_status_bar_close_on" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
        </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CloseDragHandle>
    </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TrackingView>

than go to res/values/drawable.xml
    Code:
        <item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_color">@drawable/notification_info_bg_normal</item>
        <item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_color_pressed">@drawable/notification_info_bg_pressed</item>
        <item type="drawable" name="ticker_background_color">#7f000000</item>
        <item type="drawable" name="status_bar_background">#00ffffff</item>
        <item type="drawable" name="status_bar_recents_background_solid">#7f000000</item>
        <item type="drawable" name="status_bar_recents_app_thumbnail_background">#7f000000</item>
        <item type="drawable" name="status_bar_notification_row_background_color">#7f000000</item>
        <item type="drawable" name="notification_header_bg">#7f000000</item>
        <item type="drawable" name="notification_tracking_bg">@drawable/notification_bg</item>
        <item type="drawable" name="recents_callout_line">#7f000000</item>
        <item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_legacy_color">#7f000000</item>
    </resources>

"notification_tracking_bg" = Homer Pic;)
    "notification_item_background_color" = The blue flame pic (Als Externer Speichergerät...)
    "notification_item_background_color_pressed" = The same only red by me...

you have to place the pics in drawable-hdpi, i have take gimp2 to modify & transparent.... than recompile .... and hopefully it works.
    Have a nice day :)