5,606,297 Members 32,751 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ROM Factory v1.7.1[May/12/2012]

Tip us?

samcripp
Old
(Last edited by samcripp; 12th May 2012 at 04:28 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1784

DONATE TO ME
Default ROM Factory v1.7.1[May/12/2012]

And thank you all for your Ad clicking and donations. You guys are awesome!
Android Market Link [free]
ROM Factory
What is ROM Factory?
Its a tool that will allow the user to create a picture perfect .img from your boot and system partition. It will then create an update.zip from it.
What is a "Fruit Cake"?
A fruit cake is the finish product, a self contain rom, already ready for installation, already inside an update.zip.
So really what does it do?
It allows a bootloader unlocked user to create a full copy of their boot and system partition. All of it, including mods and changes done to either one of those partitions.
Can this be use for easier rom development?
Yes! Beyond just its normal capabilities! After installing the resources you can modify the script and add things to it in *sdcard* /fcm/workdir! Once you are done adding and changing things in there, press "Create ROM".

Supported Devices:

olympus (atrix), sunfire (photon), triumph, WX435, fb0 (triumph), p999 (lg g2x), p990 (lg o2x), p970 (lg optimus black), ace (htc desired hd), pyramid (htc sensation), galaxys2, GT-I9100, GT-I9100M, GT-I9100T, SGH-I777, SGH-I727, hercules, crespo (nexus s), crespo4g (nexus s 4g), toro (cdma galaxy nexus), maguro (gsm galaxy nexus)

Experimental Support:

umts_jordan(defy), wingray, stingray (xoom)
Your phone must be rooted!

Step One: Press the Install Resources button on screen.
Patience this step could take up to 5 minutes.

Step Two: Press the Create Fruit Cake button on the screen.
Patience this step could take up to 5 minutes.
You use this application at your own risk, I am in no way responsible for any damage this application causes.

Websites: SamCripp | OpenCripp (my open source projects) | Crowd Funding (a better option than the donation button)
Releases: [ROM] Ninja Atrix 4G | Fruit Cakes for Atrix 4G | ROM Factory | Project Cheesecake App
Current Devices: GSM Galaxy Nexus | 16gb Nexus 7 | ATT Motorola Atrix 4G | Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (Gen 1)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to samcripp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samcripp
Old
(Last edited by samcripp; 1st January 2012 at 02:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1784

DONATE TO ME
Default Oficial Support for Galaxy S2

Back Up mode = Further information is needed to enable back up mode for this device

Websites: SamCripp | OpenCripp (my open source projects) | Crowd Funding (a better option than the donation button)
Releases: [ROM] Ninja Atrix 4G | Fruit Cakes for Atrix 4G | ROM Factory | Project Cheesecake App
Current Devices: GSM Galaxy Nexus | 16gb Nexus 7 | ATT Motorola Atrix 4G | Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (Gen 1)

hacksome
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Am I right to understand that this is an alternative to taking Nandroid backup?.
░▒▓█ Nexus 5

samcripp
Old
Thanks Meter 1784

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacksome View Post
Am I right to understand that this is an alternative to taking Nandroid backup?.
no 10 xchar

tonycfc
Old
Thanks Meter 8
So it will create an update.zip which is CWM flashable? How about generating a .tar.md5 for Odin?

Anyways, great work! Looking forward to this!
Previous phone: HTC Touch HD
ROM: Stock Windows Mobile 6.5

Current phone: Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100
ROM: Rootbox v.4.0 [4.2.2]
Kernel: Stock

Android inside!

Kingybear
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacksome View Post
Sounds like it, looks cool non the less.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III
ROM: Anything and everything
Kernel: Siyah

haasgo
Old
Thanks Meter 174

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingybear View Post
Sounds like it, looks cool non the less.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
Afaik a nandroid backup is everything including data folder. This one i think is a little less than that. As op said it copies the rom so devs can pass them to their beta testers etc. A nandoid backup is including ur personal settings like bookmarks or last viewed webpages and contacts etc. And a nandroid backup is recovery dependant. Afaik a nandroid from a cwm v4 base wont be suitable for a phone with a cwm v5 phone.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
If you like what you are reading press "Thanks!"

samcripp
Old
Thanks Meter 1784

DONATE TO ME
Default FCM RC3 v1.4.4

FCM RC3 v1.4.4(Current Release)
Release Notes

Added Reset Option Menu.
Re-write the engine that configures the phone install!
fixed a bug on photon 4g.
fixed the force close of doom bug.
fixed sgs2att issues
fixed sgs2att install script
fixes to various bugs
Added support for latest ics
GUI Touch Ups
Added Experimental Support:

triumph, WX435, fb0, p999, p990, p970, ace, pyramid, galaxys2, GT-I9100, GT-I9100M, GT-I9100T, SGH-I777, SGH-I727, hercules, crespo, crespo4g, toro, maguro

samcripp
Old
Thanks Meter 1784

DONATE TO ME
#FCM RC4 v1.5(Current Release)

-GUI Enhancements
Multiple Screen Size support
Tablet Support
A new themed layout
NO MORE ADS
-Script Engine Enhancements
Options, ie: Dev name, rom name, save rom preferences.
-Performance
Complete Re-write of the install and create methods (faster performance)
The reset button is bye bye! The app will now erase the workdir as it creates the rom!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samcripp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samcripp
Old
Thanks Meter 1784

DONATE TO ME
Default Hello Guys

Is anyone experiencing issues, someone msg me about some installation issues, but did not really offer any info. If you are an user and you are suffering from install issues, let me know!