[THEME] [CM9] Cyanored

OP Rixsta

20th February 2012, 09:22 PM   |  #21  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 153

449 posts
More
This is pretty ugly
Some things look promising, like the keyboard, but red seems to clash with blue pretty badly.
Also, status bar icons just hurt to look at...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilverHedgehog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2012, 01:11 PM   |  #22  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Establishing Battlefield Control... Standby!
Thanks Meter: 6,449

13,572 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHedgehog

This is pretty ugly
Some things look promising, like the keyboard, but red seems to clash with blue pretty badly.
Also, status bar icons just hurt to look at...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Still I'd like to see if you can do better. Since there are only 2 themes available for CM9 right now, we could definitely do with another one.

Personally I think this theme is radically different from any other which in itself makes it astronomically good and striking.

Logged using an SGS2 type droid while floating in CM9 quadrant...
The Following User Says Thank You to geko95gek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2012, 01:54 PM   |  #23  
Flag Canterbury
Thanks Meter: 980

2,613 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Still I'd like to see if you can do better. Since there are only 2 themes available for CM9 right now, we could definitely do with another one.

Personally I think this theme is radically different from any other which in itself makes it astronomically good and striking.

Logged using an SGS2 type droid while floating in CM9 quadrant...

I have to agree.
I actually like this theme for it's departure from the "Norm".

Cheers
Last edited by buzzboy; 21st February 2012 at 02:06 PM.
21st February 2012, 02:29 PM   |  #24  
Flag Moscow

449 posts
More
You know, just because something is free, doesn't mean it's instantly good.
"It's free, so no complaining" is a pretty bad excuse.

As I said before, some parts of this theme are promising, like the keyboard, but most of other things look pretty bad, and I even know the reason for that, red and blue clash terribly on a dark background.

And I wouldn't call it "radically" different.
The creator recolored the UI elements from blue to red, that is not very radical to me.
I never created a theme because I'm fine with how standard Android UI is.

But just because I don't create themes (though I may give you some suggestions), or just because this is free, doesn't mean that I shouldn't be allowed to criticize this theme.

Besides, are you really that insecure about your creations, that you stand behind the "it's free!" excuse, and can't just address the complaints?

Anyway, my suggestions are:

Get rid of the blue color. It clashes with red (ESPECIALLY in the status bar). I know Cyanored stands for Cyan and Red, but it would be better if you could make it CyanogenMod Red.

Use standard Android fonts and anti-aliasing for your logos and wallpapers.
This simple mockup (the font is Roboto, the color is #cb2719) looks better than your current logo:
The Following User Says Thank You to SilverHedgehog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2012, 03:45 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 9

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHedgehog

You know, just because something is free, doesn't mean it's instantly good.
"It's free, so no complaining" is a pretty bad excuse.

As I said before, some parts of this theme are promising, like the keyboard, but most of other things look pretty bad, and I even know the reason for that, red and blue clash terribly on a dark background.

And I wouldn't call it "radically" different.
The creator recolored the UI elements from blue to red, that is not very radical to me.
I never created a theme because I'm fine with how standard Android UI is.

But just because I don't create themes (though I may give you some suggestions), or just because this is free, doesn't mean that I shouldn't be allowed to criticize this theme.

Besides, are you really that insecure about your creations, that you stand behind the "it's free!" excuse, and can't just address the complaints?

Anyway, my suggestions are:

Get rid of the blue color. It clashes with red (ESPECIALLY in the status bar). I know Cyanored stands for Cyan and Red, but it would be better if you could make it CyanogenMod Red.

Use standard Android fonts and anti-aliasing for your logos and wallpapers.
This simple mockup (the font is Roboto, the color is #cb2719) looks better than your current logo:

Agree with this so much. A little constructive criticism is good.
I've noticed this a fair bit on XDA, if someone says they don't like it and even when they justify their own view they get jumped on. I know it's a good sign of a supportive community but hey ho.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PyroCF For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2012, 05:43 PM   |  #26  
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,034

6,385 posts
It was just an idea so I went with it, its very different from what I usually do, its the first time Ive mixed two colours...

I knew it wouldn't be for everyone ....its fine to have opinions, phone guru is making a red one, so I look forward to seeing that...
21st February 2012, 05:50 PM   |  #27  
Flag Moscow

449 posts
More
Well, alright. Your other themes do look better.
It's just that I'm really really sick of seeing bad, inconsistent Android themes that clash quite badly and just look bad.
This one did show promise, so I decided to comment.

It you'll ever want advice on any other themes, I'm always around.
21st February 2012, 07:03 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 1,160

2,226 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroCF

Agree with this so much. A little constructive criticism is good.
I've noticed this a fair bit on XDA, if someone says they don't like it and even when they justify their own view they get jumped on. I know it's a good sign of a supportive community but hey ho.

There's a difference between constructive criticism and trolling.
The Following User Says Thank You to SimboXXX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Stifler69
21st February 2012, 07:47 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
At the end of the day the theme is firstly for Geko and Rixsta. They use it on their phones and they decided to share it. It is their theme firstly and it is to their taste. And they have been kind enough to share it with the community. Now if people do not like it then of course they can voice their opinions but at the end of the day it is down to what Rixsta and Geko want..Give your opinions share on how they can make it better but as always the final word is with them to what adjustments they make as they do the theme for their phones and their own pleasure firstly before anything else.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2012, 09:43 PM   |  #30  
Flag Moscow

449 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler69

At the end of the day the theme is firstly for Geko and Rixsta. They use it on their phones and they decided to share it. It is their theme firstly and it is to their taste. And they have been kind enough to share it with the community. Now if people do not like it then of course they can voice their opinions but at the end of the day it is down to what Rixsta and Geko want..Give your opinions share on how they can make it better but as always the final word is with them to what adjustments they make as they do the theme for their phones and their own pleasure firstly before anything else.

Well, that's exactly what I did! Rixta seems like a good theme creator - I especially like his Juicy Orange theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimboXXX

There's a difference between constructive criticism and trolling.

I wasn't trolling anyone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread