Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,865 Members 44,797 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[THEME] [CM9] Cyanored

Tip us?
 
TehWhale
Old
#31  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 28
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimboXXX View Post
There's a difference between constructive criticism and trolling.
How was that trolling at all? He was giving a constructive opinion on how to make this clashing theme look better. I personally don't like it and can see why others don't. It just clashes so much with red and blue. It's like 3D glasses.. With that said, the OP has plenty of potential judging by his previous themes, certain ones just need a little bit of reworking to really shine.
The Following User Says Thank You to TehWhale For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
geko95gek
Old
(Last edited by geko95gek; 22nd February 2012 at 10:53 AM.)
#32  
geko95gek's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5700
Posts: 12,004
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United Trance Kingdom

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler69 View Post
At the end of the day the theme is firstly for Geko and Rixsta. They use it on their phones and they decided to share it. It is their theme firstly and it is to their taste. And they have been kind enough to share it with the community. Now if people do not like it then of course they can voice their opinions but at the end of the day it is down to what Rixsta and Geko want..Give your opinions share on how they can make it better but as always the final word is with them to what adjustments they make as they do the theme for their phones and their own pleasure firstly before anything else.
Best comment so far.

In all honesty, if you don't like the theme there is no point in commenting. We shared it so people that like the diverse look can use it as well and there was only one theme available for CM9. Bottom line is if you don't think it works then don't use it. No need to say that it doesn't work, for us its an amazing theme. Never seen a theme as striking as this one.


Logged using an SGS2 type droid while floating in CM9 quadrant...
[HTC One M7/M8] Renovate Nightlies & Themes hosted by SoLdieR9312

|My Trance Mixes|
 
CURRENT DEVICES = HTC One 32GB (Rare Vivid Blue) / LG Nexus 4 16GB
PREVIOUS = HTC One X / Samsung Galaxy S2 / iPhone 4 / HTC Incredible S / HTC Desire HD


Code:
HTC One Vivid Blue running RenovateROM SixthSense and Kangaroo Kernel
LG Nexus 4 running AOKPK Daily and AK Kernel

HTC One X | RC FAQ sticky thread = HERE!! (please view it before posting questions!)
 
SilverHedgehog
Old
#33  
SilverHedgehog's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 140
Posts: 439
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek View Post
Best comment so far.

In all honesty, if you don't like the theme there is no point in commenting. We shared it so people that like the diverse look can use it as well and there was only one theme available for CM9. Bottom line is if you don't think it works then don't use it. No need to say that it doesn't work, for us its an amazing theme. Never seen a theme as striking as this one.


Logged using an SGS2 type droid while floating in CM9 quadrant...
Ahem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler69 View Post
At the end of the day the theme is firstly for Geko and Rixsta. They use it on their phones and they decided to share it. It is their theme firstly and it is to their taste. And they have been kind enough to share it with the community. Now if people do not like it then of course they can voice their opinions but at the end of the day it is down to what Rixsta and Geko want..Give your opinions share on how they can make it better but as always the final word is with them to what adjustments they make as they do the theme for their phones and their own pleasure firstly before anything else.
And that's what I did. I gave my opinion.
However you seem to think that people should only ever talk good about your theme.

You know, the "don't use it if you don't like it" is the WORST excuse ever.
I have seen it so much, and it makes no sense to me.

Just because you created something doesn't mean that you are immune to criticism, and just because you think it's good doesn't mean that it's good (same applies to my opinion too).
The Following User Says Thank You to SilverHedgehog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
FPtje
Old
#34  
FPtje's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 184
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek View Post
Best comment so far.

In all honesty, if you don't like the theme there is no point in commenting. We shared it so people that like the diverse look can use it as well and there was only one theme available for CM9. Bottom line is if you don't think it works then don't use it. No need to say that it doesn't work, for us its an amazing theme. Never seen a theme as striking as this one.


Logged using an SGS2 type droid while floating in CM9 quadrant...
The worst developer is one that tells the people off that give him constructive criticism.

The Argument of dismissal is one of the most annoying fallacious arguments around.
 
geko95gek
Old
(Last edited by geko95gek; 22nd February 2012 at 04:53 PM.)
#35  
geko95gek's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5700
Posts: 12,004
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United Trance Kingdom

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPtje View Post
The worst developer is one that tells the people off that give him constructive criticism.

The Argument of dismissal is one of the most annoying fallacious arguments around.
We're not developers and I'm not arguing, we are simply sharing something we have done for ourselves. Constructive criticism is welcomed, but only after people realise how much work was involved in the project and are thankful first of all before providing the critisism.

However, just slagging off the theme's colour scheme is not welcomed (comments such as.... ew colours are all wrong). This is how its supposed to be as this was the original idea from the start, like it says in the OP.


Logged using an SGS2 type droid while floating in CM9 quadrant...
[HTC One M7/M8] Renovate Nightlies & Themes hosted by SoLdieR9312

|My Trance Mixes|
 
CURRENT DEVICES = HTC One 32GB (Rare Vivid Blue) / LG Nexus 4 16GB
PREVIOUS = HTC One X / Samsung Galaxy S2 / iPhone 4 / HTC Incredible S / HTC Desire HD


Code:
HTC One Vivid Blue running RenovateROM SixthSense and Kangaroo Kernel
LG Nexus 4 running AOKPK Daily and AK Kernel

HTC One X | RC FAQ sticky thread = HERE!! (please view it before posting questions!)
 
SimboXXX
Old
#36  
SimboXXX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1159
Posts: 2,220
Join Date: Jun 2010
@geko95gek
Dude, your work is really appreciated. Let the moaners (constructive criticizers) moan, and everyone else will enjoy your themes.
SGSII - CM11
The Following User Says Thank You to SimboXXX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dully79
Old
#37  
dully79's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3027
Posts: 2,618
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Durham/Liverpool

 
DONATE TO ME
Firstly... congratulations on your cm9 theme and remember as long as your happy that's all that counts. If others like it, but don't like the colour scheme change it yourself.

Secondly... I'm all for voicing an opinion( I get in trouble for this almost on daily basis), but I also think people should respect the time and effort people put into various projects. If the dev asks for feedback then share your feelings, if they don't "move on, nothing to see here", use your time for better things.

Finally... what is going on with xda? I have to agree with the poster in the link below. There are far too many people who demand and expect various things but have no intention of getting their hands dirty and learning how to do it themselves or contribute anything in return, the words "ungrateful leeches" spring to my mind.
READ THIS!!!:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=45

Carry on your good work lads. I might be after a couple of pointers if I decide to theme on cm9.



 


 
SilverHedgehog
Old
#38  
SilverHedgehog's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 140
Posts: 439
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek View Post
We're not developers and I'm not arguing, we are simply sharing something we have done for ourselves. Constructive criticism is welcomed, but only after people realise how much work was involved in the project and are thankful first of all before providing the critisism.

However, just slagging off the theme's colour scheme is not welcomed (comments such as.... ew colours are all wrong). This is how its supposed to be as this was the original idea from the start, like it says in the OP.


Logged using an SGS2 type droid while floating in CM9 quadrant...
The amount of time you put in a project you shared PUBLICLY does not excuse it from anything, especially others' criticism.
And the colors were not the ONLY thing that I found wrong.
But of course everyone only addressed that complaint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimboXXX View Post
@geko95gek
Dude, your work is really appreciated. Let the moaners (constructive criticizers) moan, and everyone else will enjoy your themes.
And again, The amount of time you put in a project you shared PUBLICLY does not excuse it from anything, especially others' criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dully79 View Post
Firstly... congratulations on your cm9 theme and remember as long as your happy that's all that counts. If others like it, but don't like the colour scheme change it yourself.

Secondly... I'm all for voicing an opinion( I get in trouble for this almost on daily basis), but I also think people should respect the time and effort people put into various projects. If the dev asks for feedback then share your feelings, if they don't "move on, nothing to see here", use your time for better things.

Finally... what is going on with xda? I have to agree with the poster in the link below. There are far too many people who demand and expect various things but have no intention of getting their hands dirty and learning how to do it themselves or contribute anything in return, the words "ungrateful leeches" spring to my mind.
READ THIS!!!:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=45

Carry on your good work lads. I might be after a couple of pointers if I decide to theme on cm9.
They made a theme. Good for them, I have nothing against that. I even said that this theme showed promise and gave my suggestions.

And for the third time: The amount of time you put in a project you shared PUBLICLY does not excuse it from anything, especially others' criticism.
If you post something on a FORUM, you should expect to get criticism. You know why I don't theme? Because I'm happy with how stock android looks. But that does NOT mean that I am banned from voicing my opinions on a FORUM.
If you only want to receive positive responses all the time, don't put your content on a forum, but on a page with a Facebook Like button.

Also, about that 'journey' post. I'd like to address this bit:
Quote:
See if you read the threads then you get to experience the learning process, you see how the issues were investigated and confirmed. Then you get to watch the different attempts at resolution and learn why some failed while others worked. That is called Development.
Let's see how this went with this theme and my comments:

The issue: colors clash.
The resolution: "don't like it, don't use it"

The issue: bad font choice and lack of anti-aliasing
The resolution: None. That part of my post was ignored completely.

Quote:
IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY THEN YOU PROBABLY SHOULDN'T BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
The said 'journey' is driven by issues and their resolution.
However, nowadays, the issues are not being resolved. You just have people say "don't like it, don't use it", and not addressing the issues at all.
If everyone just said good things, there would be no journey. Everything would just stand still. You would probably still be using DOS, on 20 year old hardware, because no one ever said that typing commands on a black screen sucked because "they respect the time and effort Microsoft put in their project".
 
noecalderon
Old
#39  
noecalderon's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 94
Join Date: Oct 2011
This works on cm9 nightly 030212?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
 
chadrick.7
Old
#40  
chadrick.7's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 278
Posts: 987
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Just letting you know that it did work on AOKP but the status bar force closes. So back to stock

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes