Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 52,890 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Theme/Mod/Apk] XWLA4 - JKay Deluxe v13.6.4 - How the SGS2 should be! 2012-02-20

Tip us?

blancer
Old
Thanks Meter 7
hi jkay! i'm using DXKL3 odexed. i can't find any mods for my rom in the first page. do you have a mod for DXKL3?

thanks.

gundalbert
Old
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blancer View Post
hi jkay! i'm using DXKL3 odexed. i can't find any mods for my rom in the first page. do you have a mod for DXKL3?

thanks.
Read the FAQ in post 2...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

XtazyMike
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Dear Jkay,
I think your mod should stay free - as someone here posted, your mod is why some of us stay on samsung roms.
However, I do think you deserve something for your hard work and time spent.
If you'll make a donation box I'm sure a lot of us will donate.
and again, thanks for the hard work you do.

Barthlon
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by _JKay_ View Post
You have two choices with the upcoming JKay ICS Deluxe: toggle on the 'Do not disturb' quick setting or uncheck the 'Full charge notification' option from the app.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
nice to hear!

but right now i am on gb. i don't get any notification or vibration when i fully charge and the phone is on, but when it's off it vibrates quite violently when it's fully charged. i don't have my phone off very often, but when it's off it's normally next to my bed charging...
The Following User Says Thank You to Barthlon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomj777 View Post
I agree. This you could charge for. However, charge for each version release? I think that would go down badly. Charge for an unlock licence for additional functionality? Possible. A donation licence which perhaps did something immaterial (splash screen thank you or something...) may be best approach.
Whatever, though, you deserve a greater reward than donations which only come in occasionally.
Must remember to donate....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Yep donation licence fits the bill as many of us forget to donate .

jje

Bengaal
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Hi Jkay,

Will you still work on the Gs2 when you get the Gs3??

gchindi
Old
Thanks Meter 104

DONATE TO ME
Default about JKay charging for his deluxe settings...

guys,

dont you all think all the points made by you all about fixing a price for jkay's work has already must have crossed his mind at some point earlier itself??

the reason he is keeping if free is so that we all cannot bug him to release new version / fix existing bugs if any...if we pay for it, it becomes a business and he will be obligated to reply to all your points and concerns raised about his work....

so, instead of making it one more commodity in the market, he is doing it as a hobby...helping others and thats it...no strings attached...when money gets involved, there will be strings attached to it...kepping it the way it is now is the best thing for jkay...his personal time/life.
i hope im correct...
what do you say mr.jkay?
gChindi

SGS3 White,
Flashoholix - Not being firm with any one Firmware

**its good to be good - try and see**

_JKay_
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 14,819

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchindi View Post
guys,

dont you all think all the points made by you all about fixing a price for jkay's work has already must have crossed his mind at some point earlier itself??

the reason he is keeping if free is so that we all cannot bug him to release new version / fix existing bugs if any...if we pay for it, it becomes a business and he will be obligated to reply to all your points and concerns raised about his work....

so, instead of making it one more commodity in the market, he is doing it as a hobby...helping others and thats it...no strings attached...when money gets involved, there will be strings attached to it...kepping it the way it is now is the best thing for jkay...his personal time/life.
i hope im correct...
what do you say mr.jkay?
You are 100% right! I love coding but I hate doing support, manuals, translating etc...

So I have been doing this for myself.. and shared what I did with you guys...

But this has to change soon... I just havn't decided on how... yet!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
JKay Deluxe I9505 - How Samsung should have made it! - JKay Deluxe I9300
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _JKay_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pissyhun
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by _JKay_ View Post
You are 100% right! I love coding but I hate doing support, manuals, translating etc...

So I have been doing this for myself.. and shared what I did with you guys...

But this has to change soon... I just havn't decided on how... yet!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
hi
one suggestion
make a mod with some of your features for free and a paid mod with all features.

Tungstwenty
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,382

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pissyhun View Post
hi
one suggestion
make a mod with some of your features for free and a paid mod with all features.
Doesn't solve the issue of having to handle support, etc. for the paid version.

Just hope this decision doesn't push back ICS version too much

Tags
jkay, mod