Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Themed App] ES File Explorer - Red Themed

Tip us?
 
clonednull
Old
(Last edited by clonednull; 27th February 2012 at 11:21 PM.)
#1  
clonednull's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 267
Posts: 356
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vienna
Post [Themed App] ES File Explorer - Red Themed

Hi guys,

Inspired by the stunning ICS Domination Theme created by Vertumus and addicted to the Blood Mode i started theming my every-day-use Apps to Red.
As first App i have chosen ES File Explorer (by EStrongs Inc.), its a free app and a pretty handy explorer.
(Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?i...gs.android.pop)
Maybe someone else also likes the Red Touch so im happy to share the modded APK with the community.

Installation Notice:
Uninstall your previous version of the ES File Explorer before installing this one!

Have Fun and keep on modding!

Screenshot:


Download:
See Attached Files

Edit:
2012-02-28 - Updated to Version 1.6.1.2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	es_file_explorer_red_screenshot.jpg
Views:	7303
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	883269  
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.estrongs.android.pop-1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.84 MB, 946 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to clonednull For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
SPACE ALIEN
Old
(Last edited by SPACE ALIEN; 1st February 2012 at 11:12 PM.)
#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 824
Posts: 746
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Clamart, 92140

 
DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up WoooooooooooooooooW

WoooooooooooooooooW man !!!!

Exactly what i was lookin' for !!!

Just have to install the apk, or have to push it in system/app?

THANX BUTTON PUSHED

Waitin' for your answer, thanx again my friend ! Great work !!!




EDIT


DONE ! just installed the apk. JUST SPLENDIIIIIIIID !!! I love it man!
Pretty pretty pretty job!!!

Would you be agree for me to share YOUR link in my thread, please...?

Thanx in advance,


PS: Works perfectly on ICS 4.0.3 !!!
 
clonednull
Old
(Last edited by clonednull; 1st February 2012 at 11:23 PM.) Reason: updating chat
#3  
clonednull's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 267
Posts: 356
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vienna
Just install it as usual. (remember to uninstall your previous version of es file explorer)

Edit:
Nice to hear you like it mate. Share it wherever you like :)
The Following User Says Thank You to clonednull For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
gr4ndm4st3r_bl4ck
Old
#4  
gr4ndm4st3r_bl4ck's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 120
Posts: 295
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Banja Luka
the mistake you made here is a big one. You themed the apk instead of making a flashable themed .zip.

so now people have to delete their app to install yours... and when a new version of that app comes out and they update, it will all get back to default, and you will have to edit a new apk on and on and on... waste of time

instead make a vrtheme zip that people can flash , that will be universal, i.e you won't have to theme it for each update, just once

hope i made sense
Consider my post informative?

Click the button to thank me!



Register on Dropbox and we both get 250MB of storage for free!
 
clonednull
Old
(Last edited by clonednull; 2nd February 2012 at 08:31 AM.)
#5  
clonednull's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 267
Posts: 356
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4ndm4st3r_bl4ck View Post
the mistake you made here is a big one. You themed the apk instead of making a flashable themed .zip.

so now people have to delete their app to install yours... and when a new version of that app comes out and they update, it will all get back to default, and you will have to edit a new apk on and on and on... waste of time

instead make a vrtheme zip that people can flash , that will be universal, i.e you won't have to theme it for each update, just once

hope i made sense
You are right about the VRTheme script mate and its the "common theming procedure" but how can someone without cwm install the theme?
With a fully apk file you are able to install it on a stock phone.
(as side note i have noticed that some png sizes changed from the last es file explorer version to the newest so the cwm zip would also needs to be readjusted when this happens or am i wrong?)

anyway thanks a lot for all advices, allways learning here :)
 
gr4ndm4st3r_bl4ck
Old
#6  
gr4ndm4st3r_bl4ck's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 120
Posts: 295
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Banja Luka
Quote:
Originally Posted by clonednull View Post
You are right about the VRTheme script mate and its the "common theming procedure" but how can someone without cwm install the theme?
With a fully apk file you are able to install it on a stock phone.
(as side note i have noticed that some png sizes changed from the last es file explorer version to the newest so the cwm zip would also needs to be readjusted when this happens or am i wrong?)

anyway thanks a lot for all advices, allways learning here :)
I get what you mean mate but see it this way

If a person doesn't have CWM, then they can't flash Vert's theme anyway,especially not the Blood Mode.
And I doubt anyone would want a red app that stands out from the rest of the theme for that matter ( though I may be wrong )

Anyway, it was just an advice mate

PS. File sizes are not important, changing a .png name or something would make it unusable. So once a new version comes out, you just have to check if the file structure is the same, if it is, then you have nothing to do, if it is not, you just add new edited pngs to the zip, make it a new version and upload Fast and reliable

Great job on theming the app there
Consider my post informative?

Click the button to thank me!



Register on Dropbox and we both get 250MB of storage for free!
The Following User Says Thank You to gr4ndm4st3r_bl4ck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
clonednull
Old
#7  
clonednull's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 267
Posts: 356
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4ndm4st3r_bl4ck View Post
I get what you mean mate but see it this way

If a person doesn't have CWM, then they can't flash Vert's theme anyway,especially not the Blood Mode.
And I doubt anyone would want a red app that stands out from the rest of the theme for that matter ( though I may be wrong )

Anyway, it was just an advice mate

PS. File sizes are not important, changing a .png name or something would make it unusable. So once a new version comes out, you just have to check if the file structure is the same, if it is, then you have nothing to do, if it is not, you just add new edited pngs to the zip, make it a new version and upload Fast and reliable

Great job on theming the app there
Youre again right with CWM and Verts theme + Blood Mode but as you allready mentioned maybe someone wants a red explorer anyway
I appreciative your advice about VRTheming and will try to get more knowlegde about it (thx for pm).
As for file size, i think i have used the wrong words.
I didnt meant the "file size on storage", i meant the image dimensions. When they change i will for sure have to addopt the VRTheme flash file or otherwise the app page layout can get deformed..?

Thanks and regards
The Following User Says Thank You to clonednull For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
gr4ndm4st3r_bl4ck
Old
#8  
gr4ndm4st3r_bl4ck's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 120
Posts: 295
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Banja Luka
Quote:
Originally Posted by clonednull View Post
Youre again right with CWM and Verts theme + Blood Mode but as you allready mentioned maybe someone wants a red explorer anyway
I appreciative your advice about VRTheming and will try to get more knowlegde about it (thx for pm).
As for file size, i think i have used the wrong words.
I didnt meant the "file size on storage", i meant the image dimensions. When they change i will for sure have to addopt the VRTheme flash file or otherwise the app page layout can get deformed..?

Thanks and regards
Oh yes, that can be a serious problem, didn't quite understand you the first time
But again, it's just a few edits, shouldn't be too hard to fix if it comes to that

Happy theming
Consider my post informative?

Click the button to thank me!



Register on Dropbox and we both get 250MB of storage for free!
 
fatjivi
Old
#9  
fatjivi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 341
Posts: 1,236
Join Date: Jan 2012
nice job mate!!like i already said its great and going well with master verts blood theme!!
 
clonednull
Old
#10  
clonednull's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 267
Posts: 356
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjivi View Post
nice job mate!!like i already said its great and going well with master verts blood theme!!
happy you like it mate and thanks for your testing support!
ps: hope you will get your toy back soon!

Tags
es file explorer, red, theme
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes