Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,559 Members 52,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL] DirectoryBind - move data to external_sd (GameLoft, Shadowgun etc.) ROOT req.

Tip us?

XeroHertZ
Old
(Last edited by XeroHertZ; 12th February 2013 at 07:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 35
Hi,

Is it possible to bind the whatsapp images folder? I tried to do it but when I click on the disk Icon it's red, although the files got transferred successfully...what could be the problem here??

Edit: Nevermind I found the solution on page 157
Phone: GT N7100
ROM: Ditto Note 3 v5.2

HippoMan
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25vikasp View Post
is this app requires free size in internal memory while using.suppose i want to mount 1.30 gb the data frm external drive.is it necessary there should a free space of 1.30 gb in internal memory.please help
No, you would not need 1.30 gb in internal memory.

What this app does is to perform a mount of the external directory over a pathname on the internal drive. Essentially, this just sets up a mapping on the internal drive which points to the external data.

The main purpose of DirectoryBind is to set up these kinds of mappings, so that you don't have to copy huge amounts of data from the external drive to the internal drive.

mhmd_bk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi guys ...

i need help ...

so i have moved some games data using DirectoryBind, and it did work at first. however, after few minutes,when i opened the app, all the entries have disappeared and the games stopped working.

ps: all the files that DirectoryBind created still there.

jmgg2k
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidpoint View Post
oh i see then .. i hope they are working on it now , but does another thing like Link2SD worked on CM 10.1 ?
im searching the same for about 2 months with no luck. There isn΄t an app or a mod working on CM10.1 (at the moment)

Spasticdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911-Future_Maker View Post
Well, just to clear the things out: you download the game data, bind folders and transfer the files to external sd right?
Can you try to bind the folders first, before download the game data and see what's happen? Also I suggest you to use some custom folder name different from DirectoryBind. I always bind directly the two folders and it works like a charm.
Example:
S: storage/sdcard1/gameloft
T: sdcard/gameloft
I've tried doing what you've mentioned and it still downloads the data to the phone's internal memory. Restoring to my stock rooted 4.1.1 to try it out DB worked perfectly there. I'm just going to assume that it's a firmware incompatibility with my phone and have to use my phone without it until a solution comes along.

Thanks nonetheless for trying to help

Chromecast | FlashCast | Eureka-ROM 17250.003
Nexus 5 | Personal AOSP 4.4.4_r1 Weekly Builds | Linaro Kernel
History: iPhone 3GS>4>4S>5>Galaxy S3>Nexus 4>Nexus 5

jshx2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Android file

All my games show up under a 'Android' folder on the internal memory. Is it safe to bind this entire folder? I am a newbie but it seems that it is just game and app data. Any help is very appreciated! Thanks!

911-Future_Maker
Old
(Last edited by 911-Future_Maker; 12th February 2013 at 08:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 148

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasticdroid View Post
I've tried doing what you've mentioned and it still downloads the data to the phone's internal memory. Restoring to my stock rooted 4.1.1 to try it out DB worked perfectly there. I'm just going to assume that it's a firmware incompatibility with my phone and have to use my phone without it until a solution comes along.

Thanks nonetheless for trying to help
Nice to hear some good news today. ;P
It seems it was definitely your rom issue, if you want custom rom with working DB checkout the one in my sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshx2 View Post
All my games show up under a 'Android' folder on the internal memory. Is it safe to bind this entire folder? I am a newbie but it seems that it is just game and app data. Any help is very appreciated! Thanks!
Hi dude, yes it completely safe....if you just do the things right. ;P
That Android folder on internal sd is the place where all your games(and apps) are storing their data.

Sent from my Nitro powered S2!

Phone: GT-i9100 16GB+32GB mSD cl.6+32GB USB 3.0
Rom: KitKat 4.4.2 RR v5.1.0 [20140424] + 4.4.2 AOSP NeatROM v4.6 [20140425]
Kernel: DorimanX v10.43v110 [20140501]
CWM: 6.x
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Now let's see...what to flash today"...LMAO
Press "Thanks" if I helped you.

Some XDA poetry.

jshx2
Old
(Last edited by jshx2; 13th February 2013 at 02:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: [TOOL] DirectoryBind - move data to external_sd (GameLoft, Shadowgun etc.) ROOT r

Thanks for the help. For some reason it shows that the game info has been copied over but when I go in the game and it asks me to download more data that should already be in the transferred file. Clearly the directories were not bound is there something I'm missing? I froze any app killer and can't figure it out.

Sent from my rooted LG-P769 10e using xda app-developers app

LuckyStrike88
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmd_bk View Post
hi guys ...

i need help ...

so i have moved some games data using DirectoryBind, and it did work at first. however, after few minutes,when i opened the app, all the entries have disappeared and the games stopped working.

ps: all the files that DirectoryBind created still there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg2k View Post
im searching the same for about 2 months with no luck. There isn΄t an app or a mod working on CM10.1 (at the moment)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshx2 View Post
Thanks for the help. For some reason it shows that the game info has been copied over but when I go in the game and it asks me to download more data that should already be in the transferred file. Clearly the directories were not bound is there something I'm missing? I froze any app killer and can't figure it out.

Sent from my rooted LG-P769 10e using xda app-developers app
Have you tried checking the box "alternate dbase management" in preferences?

This worked for me, I'm on CM10.1 on the i717

---------- Post added at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911-Future_Maker View Post

Hi dude, yes it completely safe....if you just do the things right. ;P
That Android folder on internal sd is the place where all your games(and apps) are storing their data.
This is also where system apps like messaging are stored too right? I thought some people complained of some apps working some not after doing this?

The reason for my concern is a have a G Note and a 64gb SD card formatted as NTFS, so I have to use NTFS+ to mount it at boot, but the program scans the whole card which takes a couple minutes at boot (longer if it is a random reboot) so would my phone wig out at boot if the card hadn't been mounted, and would the card even mount if the NTFS app is located on the SD card?
The Following User Says Thank You to LuckyStrike88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VanillaG0rilla
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Default Re: [TOOL] DirectoryBind - move data to external_sd (GameLoft, Shadowgun etc.) ROOT r

So has anyone running 4.2.1 but not on CM 10.1 got this working?

Sent from a noided N7

Tags
move data to external sd, move data to sdcard