5,593,650 Members 39,360 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL] DirectoryBind - move data to external_sd (GameLoft, Shadowgun etc.) ROOT req.

Tip us?

aries77
Old
(Last edited by aries77; 23rd February 2013 at 02:00 AM.) Reason: add question
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andraxo View Post
i always cancel after like 2 minutes i forgot the files's size in 1.5 gb .. i'll wait (asphalt 7)[COLOR="Silver"]
fixed it but still cannot transfer my obb file..
maybe you can try this : try to copy it using pc/laptop to your external sd, leave empty folder in your internal sd (delete the obb files only not folder) , untick transfer files from target to data and just bind it. It's much faster

Question for others :

I tried DB on another device and the list of bind always disappear , but the game works fine. how to make the list visible ?
BA O2 XDA IIs
X8i - Floyo 0.15

911-Future_Maker
Old
Thanks Meter 145

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries77 View Post
I tried DB on another device and the list of bind always disappear , but the game works fine. how to make the list visible ?
Did you checked alternate db in settings? If yes, just leave it alone, as it just works now.

Sent from my Nitro powered S2!

Phone: GT-i9100 16GB+32GB mSD cl.6+32GB USB 3.0
Rom: KitKat 4.4.2 RR v5.0.7 [20140322] + 4.4.2 AOSP NeatROM v3.1 [20140327]
Kernel: DorimanX v10.43v99 [20140319]
CWM: 6.x

"Now let's see...what to flash today"...LMAO
Press "Thanks" if I helped you.

Some XDA poetry.

maximo12345
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default R: [TOOL] DirectoryBind - move data to external_sd (GameLoft, Shadowgun etc.) ROOT re

I'm on S3 with omega 4.1.2 build, this app doesn't seem to work... Any solution?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

beginnerteur
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hello guys,
I can confirm that the really great app doesn't work with Android 4.2.2 (Galaxy S3 CyanogenMod 10.1).
The apps can't find the content on the external SD, that means that the linking doesn't work.

It would be great, if someone could fix that!

otester
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Keep getting crashes when copying large files from extSdCard even though all unbinded and button switch to off.

Just says "a device is not functioning" then phone reboots, sometimes 1/4 to 1/2 way through file transfer, think it might be related.
Nokia 3410 (Prepaid-O2)
NEC e313 (Prepaid-Three)
Sony K750i (Prepaid-Orange)
Sony W810i (Prepaid-Orange)
Nokia N96 (Contract-O2)
HTC HD2 (SIM Free-Three)
Samsung Galaxy S II (Contract-Vodafone)
Samsung Galaxy S III (SIM Free-Three)
Samsung Galaxy S IV (Contract-CPW/Three)

ekaagus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the wonderful apps Slig.
I am using galaxy tab 2 jelky bean 4.1.1. Managed to bind but apparently didnt do a thing such as freeing space from my storage. It copied data to external storage though but the original files still there. When I erased the file, it erased file in extsdcard hence, I have to redownload again
Any suggestion where did I go wrong?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7383
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaagus View Post
I am using galaxy tab 2 jelky bean 4.1.1. Managed to bind but apparently didnt do a thing such as freeing space from my storage. It copied data to external storage though but the original files still there. When I erased the file, it erased file in extsdcard hence, I have to redownload again
This is a simple misunderstanding.

The original folder is bound to the new folder. When you go into the original folder, you are actually looking at the new folder. That's the whole point of the app. The apps look at the original (expected folder) but actually see the contents of the new folder. So everytime you think you're looking at the original folder, you're not. When you delete from the original folder, you're not.
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

911-Future_Maker
Old
Thanks Meter 145

DONATE TO ME
^That's right, as RootSU said:
It may seems the files are still there, but they're actually not.
You definitely can see your free storage increase right after you bound the folders.

Sent from my Nitro powered S2!

Phone: GT-i9100 16GB+32GB mSD cl.6+32GB USB 3.0
Rom: KitKat 4.4.2 RR v5.0.7 [20140322] + 4.4.2 AOSP NeatROM v3.1 [20140327]
Kernel: DorimanX v10.43v99 [20140319]
CWM: 6.x

"Now let's see...what to flash today"...LMAO
Press "Thanks" if I helped you.

Some XDA poetry.

m.mcrespo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Re: [TOOL] DirectoryBind - move data to external_sd (GameLoft, Shadowgun etc.) ROOT r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaagus View Post
i have tab 2 p3100 this really works well in your tablet? and this method will work for next download or for old too?

Enviado de meu GT-P3100 usando o Tapatalk 2

proza
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How can I remove an entry?

Tags
move data to external sd, move data to sdcard