[Q] Whatsapp for free?

OP markel123

16th November 2011, 01:39 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 65

647 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markel123

Is there a way to get whatapp for free after the free trial?
on iPhones it's 1 dollar to purchase it and you only pay one time.
in Android phones it's 1 year free trial and then 2$ per year...

Why do they even take money for it?
I mean, Kakaotalk is free anyway, and it's as good as whatsapp...

Please tell me if there's a way, even contact me in private messages if this is illeagal to talk about such things on here.

2$ for a years use of an app that you like ..... its not that bad really is it???
24th November 2011, 04:13 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
i got my first android device and register for it already showing expired in 2012?
never pay at all
28th December 2011, 02:33 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 14

121 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanchapman9999

2$ for a years use of an app that you like ..... its not that bad really is it???

Well I think it is a rip off considering that apple users have to pay only 0.70GBP and we Android users have to pay $2 every year. It is unfair on the android users. I would not be complaining if they also had to pay $2 every year. It is just a matter of principles
Anyways, to get the same value for money as iphone users, disconnect the wifi/packet data (internet) on your android, get a friend who has an iphone to uninstall his app. Reinstall WhatsApp on the iphone using your phone number (Android). You will recieve an SMS on your Android phone. Input the 3 digit code in the iphone to verify the number. Once done, the friend can uninstall WhatsApp and reinstall again using his number. You just need to uninstall WhatsApp on your Androud phone, reconnect to the internet, download WhatsApp from the Market or their website and thats it. 10 years subscription for just 0.70. (free on downloaded jailbroken iphone).

There is absolutely no need to swap sim cards from one phone to the other. There problem solved. Now lets stop complaining.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gizmotech For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th December 2011, 07:46 AM   |  #34  
Flag VelserBroncx
Thanks Meter: 29

118 posts
More
LOL: I don't have a frend with an I phoid so wath to do next?
28th December 2011, 08:23 AM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
Acctually WhatsApp is free, once your license expires, they will renew it for half a year. And they do this enless
14th January 2012, 12:33 AM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 4

16 posts
They have to do this endlessly, because only a few will pay for it. Whatsapp is nice to have but not necessary, there is viber, skype, gtalk and a lot other free IM services.

They have to change their buisness model, pay once on iOS while all other plattforms have to pay annually is simply not fair.
16th January 2012, 01:42 PM   |  #37  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 37

252 posts
Uninstall and re-download it from Market..

Simple
16th January 2012, 02:05 PM   |  #38  
Flag Puebla
Thanks Meter: 334

824 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky_pratik

Uninstall and re-download it from Market..

Simple

License time isn't related to the time the app has been on your phone, it is related to your phone Number. So no matter what you do you still have the same license time as the first time you set up your number. The only way to get more time is to switch to another phone number.

Also License could renew "automatically" as has been stated above but I haven't been able to check if it's true because my license expires on april. Guess we'll just have to wait.
16th January 2012, 07:47 PM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 89

128 posts
More
considering i can use up to 5000 messages a through whatsapp
2$ a year is nothing
I just paid for it via paypal.

Using an alternative is a no-go for me, since all my friends and family use whatsapp
27th February 2012, 04:40 PM   |  #40  
Thanks Meter: 252

660 posts
A lot of my friends use Whatsapp, but, honestly, out of all the alternatives I find it to be the worst choice. GTalk is very easy to use, but can be unreliable sometimes. I'd say go for Viber, but it happens to be being blocked by my carrier, so it's not an option for me.

I have yet to try GroupMe (by Skype) and I've also seen Beep (by IM+). Has anybody got experiences with these that they could share?

Thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
free, whatsapp
Previous Thread Next Thread