What is XThemeEngine?
XThemeEngine allows you to theme your device similar to how T-Mobile/CM10 Theme Engine. Install theme apk, activate theme from XThemeEngine app. Voila! Forget MetaMorph. Forget flashing zips.
As you may know that there's already plenty of ported themes available for xtheme engine, but none of them working nicely for stock samsung touchwiz rom, why? it's because samsung using different names for theming their drawable files. Because this theme was not made for stock, therefore we need to correctly redirecting the resource, and also we need to add more items into drawables.
1. Download and install Xposed Installer
2. Open Xposed, select Install/Update then [Reboot]
3. Download and install XthemeEngine.apk
4. Open Xposed, swipe your screen to select Module then Activate XThemeEngine [Reboot]
5. Download and install the THEME
6. In XthemeEngine, choose theme you've downloaded and [Soft Reboot]
New themed apps, special for Samsung Touchwiz
- clock package
- accuweather widget
- Plus a lot more of framework and system UI modification added and fixed...
- Clean Up. Removed some unused item in touchwiz such intro_bg, compability_bg, anim_lock, jog, settings avatar, preview, wallpaper etc, few megabytes saved from this and the theme now is around 10mb.
- Cleaning android.xml and added more fix to the framework (selector button, galaxy s4 switch, header tab etc)
- Fixed some .9 png files. (Tab selection)
- Added few progress.xml. Now the spinner is working
- AOSP keyboard now get themed.
v.4 (Simplex Blue)
- Add more toggles to support S4 quick panel icons
- S4 sprint dialer fix?
- Add some missing xml from original simplex blue theme
- New battery for hdpi
You may recall that a little overa month ago, we first talked about SideCutsby XDA Forum … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?