FORUMS

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Youtube v5.7 NO HD FOR US????

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By HJ nan, Junior Member on 6th June 2014, 11:22 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
The new version of youtube app has just been released providing the option to custom choose the resolution of the video. However, the only options for our phone are 140p 240p 360p. Is anybody aware of a way to enable hd video to our measly but reliable phone?
 
 
7th June 2014, 01:59 AM |#2  
N8tR1X's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 67
 
More
Thus far AFAIK, the only way to watch YouTube videos in HD is via third party apps such as Viral Popup Player and OGYouTube.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th June 2014, 12:47 PM |#3  
Galaxy pop Plus's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
i didn't recieve the update yet
13th June 2014, 05:05 PM |#4  
Sivabalan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Are you people running Stock ROM from samsung?

I am running the latest nightly version of OMNI rom for galaxy s2 and all the Youtube videos are played at only 360p maximum. Is this rom lacks any youtube video hardware acceleration issue? or its an limitation with youtube.

Thanks,
Sivabalan K
13th June 2014, 08:17 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 291
 
Donate to Me
More
the s2 doesn't have a 720p screen so hd videos are usless on this small screen
13th June 2014, 10:08 PM |#6  
N8tR1X's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 67
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivabalan

Are you people running Stock ROM from samsung?

I am running the latest nightly version of OMNI rom for galaxy s2 and all the Youtube videos are played at only 360p maximum. Is this rom lacks any youtube video hardware acceleration issue? or its an limitation with youtube.

Thanks,
Sivabalan K

I'm on NeatROM which is essentially a stock ROM and the quality only goes up to 360p on the official YouTube app. You can watch YouTube videos in 720p but only via third party apps.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th June 2014, 07:00 AM |#7  
Sivabalan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Youtube video is playing at only 360p resolution
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8tR1X

I'm on NeatROM which is essentially a stock ROM and the quality only goes up to 360p on the official YouTube app. You can watch YouTube videos in 720p but only via third party apps.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Can you please name few Good Third party apps.

Thanks,
Sivabalan K
17th June 2014, 08:59 PM |#8  
FurFur_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 164
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivabalan

Can you please name few Good Third party apps.

Thanks,
Sivabalan K

Try TubeMate ! Its a really good alternative
here the link : http://tubemate.net

psst! press thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to FurFur_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2014, 08:10 AM |#9  
Sivabalan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurFur_

Try TubeMate ! Its a really good alternative
here the link : http://tubemate.net

psst! press thanks

Thanks !!!,will check that !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes