Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,002 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Firmware][4.4.2] NE4/NE6/NF2 Recovery Flashable Firmware

Tip us?

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 5,930

DONATE TO ME
I have the modem in a recovery flashable zip in the General section. I recommend using that instead.
And be absolutely sure that the rest of the firmware updated. If it was left on 4.3 and you flash the modem your device will be trashed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shutterbc
Old
Thanks Meter 9
That did the trick, thank you! Finally have a working 4.4.2 in fewer steps than I have read in some other threads on this forum. And yes I confirmed I was running the right firmware otherwise using adb. A reflash of the modem was all I needed (not sure why it didn't take the first time).
< Primary >
Samsung GS3 i747 | ROM: S3Rx 4.0
< Backups >
Samsung GS2 Skyrocket (i727) unlocked on AT&T Blue SIM
HTC RAPH110 / Fuze | ROM: TAEL 4.23562 APR 19 2010 -- HardSPL: 1.90 Olinex

DocHoliday77
Old
Thanks Meter 5,930

DONATE TO ME
Glad to hear it! For some reason, for a lot of people the Ota appears to flash fine and then fail after xx%. I had never seen this before until this update, but some would end up with only a partially updated device. Especially since AT&T refuses to release the official firmware, this has probably been the worst update process I've encountered to date! I've even heard of some people having similar problems who have never rooted or anything before!

Joehen873
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Hey doc I just flashed this on my i747 and nothing baseband still says mjb and bootloader says the same any ideas??

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
I have the modem in a recovery flashable zip in the General section. I recommend using that instead.
And be absolutely sure that the rest of the firmware updated. If it was left on 4.3 and you flash the modem your device will be trashed.

Hey doc I flashed this on my i747 and nothing changed bootloader and baseband both still say mjb

DocHoliday77
Old
Thanks Meter 5,930

DONATE TO ME
Sounds like the flash probably failed. Try again, but when done copy log to SD and attach it here.

Tags
firmware, i747, ne4, ne6, nf2