FORUMS

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth (Liquid Lollipop) Updated 12/15

14th December 2014, 04:06 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,658

Donate to Me
More

THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL BUILD OF LIQUID LOLLIPOP AND NOT SUPPORTED BY THE NORMAL DEV TEAM. SO IF YOU FIND A BUG, DON'T ASK THEM FOR ANY KIND OF SUPPORT. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE OFFICIAL LIQUID LOLLIPOP, YOU CAN FIND THAT HERE.

Here is a build I put together today of LiquidSmooth v4.0 (Android 5.0.1). I build unofficial builds for one of the S2 variants, and having the d2att S3, I figured I would build it for it too. And since it worked, figured I would just drop it here.

THINGS TO NOTE

ABOUT THE ROM
This build does not use the Material Dark theme that the official Liquid Lollipop uses it. I reverted it to Material Light in some places just because I prefer it. There are still a few system apps and places you will find the darker theme, but most of the ROM is light. Camera is a little off still. Works for some, doesn't for others. I recommend Open Camera from the PlayStore. Pictures work flawless with it.. Video will cause FC.. Wifi, Mobile Data, etc are also working. As far as bugs, I'm sure there are some, but being early in the Lollipop era, it should be expected.

ABOUT THE KERNEL

The D2-Shift that I recommend to use with this comes from the awesome @rogersb11. It's built with Linaro GCC-4.9.1 and includes the faux sound mod (thanks to @faux123). When flashing the kernel, it will install Stweak kernel control app. HOWEVER Stweaks support is not complete yet. So use Trickster or whatever kernel control app you wish with it.

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION

THAT USUAL DISCLAIMER STUFF

Yup, you knew this was coming. Neither I nor anyone else including, but not limited to, my wife, kids, your neighbor, or that annoying Fluffy the cat down the road are responsible to damage to your phone while flashing this. This includes, soft brick, hard brick, one brick, two brick, red brick, blue brick. ALSO, I built this specifically for the d2att variant. If you want to try it on another d2 variant then you do so at your own risk. It's up to you to know if it can work and how.

DOWNLOADS

Unofficial Liquid Lollipop from this link right here.
Gapps from this here link (or 5.0 Gapps of your choice)
Shift-D2 Kernel can be found here.
Update SuperSU (thank you @Chainfire) from the link you can click on right here.

INSTALLATION

1) BACK THAT THANG UP! Seriously, it never hurts.
2) Factory Reset, Full Wipe
3) Flash ROM, Gapps, Kernel
4) Flash Update SuperSU
5) Safety Wipe of Dalvik (ART now)
6) Reboot

SPECIAL THANKS

First and foremost thanks to the entire LiquidSmooth team because of course, without them, this wouldn't exist. I always have to thank @rogersb11 like my life would cease without him. Seriously though, the kernel is all his building, and the help he has given me over the last little while as I learn how to build from source. Say thank you to the man, would ya? Thanks to @bob24260 who first introduced me to Android and rooting and all that fun stuff a long time ago, and who also took that nervous step of being the first to flash this with me.

DEV INFO

ROM: LiquidSmooth v4.0
ROM Source: LiquidSmooth Github
Kernel: Shift-D2 by @rogersb11

Android Version: 5.0.1
ROM Status: Unofficial Alpha
Last edited by TheGeekyNimrod; 15th December 2014 at 07:26 PM.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TheGeekyNimrod For This Useful Post: [ View ]

14th December 2014, 04:18 AM |#2  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Thumbs up No Thank you!
I've had the distinct pleasure of knowing GeekyNimrod for a while now in "real" life and I also had the pleasure of being the first to flash this.I'm loving it.Great job Geeky.I may have been the person to introduce Geeky to Android but I've always been old school gingerbread person.Geeky changed that with his work.I'm absolutely in love with this build.Camera straight out of the "box" so to speak.Once again great job and I look forward to future builds.In my thread title it says No thank you,it should have said No,thank you!Was thanking Geeky not criticizing as the lack of comma implied.Overlook me,I'm a doofus.

Oh yeah,First!!!!Lol
Last edited by bob24260; 14th December 2014 at 04:22 AM. Reason: I'm a doofus
The Following User Says Thank You to bob24260 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2014, 05:09 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Camera working in this build?
14th December 2014, 05:12 AM |#4  
Flag Virginia

More
Yes it is
14th December 2014, 05:12 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,658

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maheshzx

Camera working in this build?

For pics, yes. Video, no.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
The Following User Says Thank You to TheGeekyNimrod For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2014, 05:14 AM |#6  
Flag Virginia

More
I was just getting ready to clarify
14th December 2014, 06:16 AM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 4,983

Donate to Me
More
Hardware repo should be good to go. Video MOST LIKELY comes from a d2 common repo. IDK tho, I don't have this device and my N2 is Exynos not Qualcomm
The Following User Says Thank You to rogersb11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2014, 06:32 AM |#8  

More
not taking pics also,It took a pic first time,next time it stopped working,the focus circle stuck and it won't take pictures
there's no file manager!
14th December 2014, 06:35 AM |#9  
Flag Virginia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maheshzx

not taking pics also,It took a pic first time,next time it stopped working,the focus circle stuck and it won't take pictures
there's no file manager!

Try clearing data on camera in settings,reboot to recovery and wipe dalvik (ART)and cache.Its worked for me on similar issues before.Camera is working fine for me.As far as file manager there's plenty to choose from in the Play store.
14th December 2014, 06:49 AM |#10  

More
I found Clear Dalvik cache,but why you mention (ART)
I do not find such option in my TWRP 8
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, lollipop, unofficial
Previous Thread Next Thread