Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,032 Members 44,258 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S3Rx 4.0 TouchWiz 4.4.2 UCUFNE4 (9-21-14)(AROMA)

Tip us?

shutterbc
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Are you referring to TW launcher tweaks?
< Primary >
Samsung GS3 i747 | ROM: S3Rx 4.0
< Backups >
Samsung GS2 Skyrocket (i727) unlocked on AT&T Blue SIM
HTC RAPH110 / Fuze | ROM: TAEL 4.23562 APR 19 2010 -- HardSPL: 1.90 Olinex

talkingmonkeys
Old
(Last edited by talkingmonkeys; Yesterday at 06:47 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,985

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by drknb View Post
Any way to tweak grid options in this build? I prefer 5x6 (or at least 5x5 or even 5x4 home layout). I tried older SecLauncher tweaks but they don't stick. Anyone?

Thanks!
If you know how to modify the apk its in values-sw360dp-xhdpi/dimens.xml or integers.xml. Theres guides on these forums for how to do it. Edit first result from a google search.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1990801

If you're going 5x6 you may need to find one that size to get your dimensions to look right. Thats the trickier part of it.

Also remember those apks won't work but this is a guide of how its done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerserge1 View Post
Is this ROM blacked out? The screen shots in OP make the ROM seem to be. At least in the settings. If blacked out may give it a go.
No but once I update my ROM and theme to the latest S3Rx base my theme will be pulled for him to add to the aroma.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to talkingmonkeys For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shutterbc
Old
(Last edited by shutterbc; Today at 12:27 AM.) Reason: Added battery life screen shot
Thanks Meter 11
After using both kernels (KT747 and stock 3.4.0-1514807) I have some comparison notes on their behavior. I wouldn't say these are totally objective but same apps and data, relatively little else changed:

KT747:
- higher battery usage without tuning
- comparable battery life after using ktoonservative governor, lowering min clock speed
- choppier UI and app performance
- Bluetooth media connection drops out periodically every few minutes

I should have taken a screen shot of the battery usage, but essentially I got 7-8 hours of moderate use on wifi and phone would run a little hot. Not great. Didn't see any abnormal process behavior in System Tuner, possibly a wireless issue. (bluetooth?)

Stock kernel:
- decent battery life even with relatively heavy usage and background network activity
- stable bluetooth connections (so far)

At least in my case, it's clear I should stick to the stock kernel.
< Primary >
Samsung GS3 i747 | ROM: S3Rx 4.0
< Backups >
Samsung GS2 Skyrocket (i727) unlocked on AT&T Blue SIM
HTC RAPH110 / Fuze | ROM: TAEL 4.23562 APR 19 2010 -- HardSPL: 1.90 Olinex
The Following User Says Thank You to shutterbc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

enewman17
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 6,211

DONATE TO ME
OK so I'm going to take a stab at building a kernel. I've never build one from source yet so it will take some time. But I'm hoping to least build a stock kernel with a better toolchain and separate WiFi modules. Hopefully that will give everyone working WiFi.
- Top Secret Clown Business -
- The Devil's Reject -
By all means you are all welcome to use the entirety of everything I upload without permission. Enjoy!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to enewman17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

talkingmonkeys
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,985

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by enewman17 View Post
OK so I'm going to take a stab at building a kernel. I've never build one from source yet so it will take some time. But I'm hoping to least build a stock kernel with a better toolchain and separate WiFi modules. Hopefully that will give everyone working WiFi.
Meaning you want me to stay on mj2 to test for us? Good luck man that's a lot to take on. Looking forward to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to talkingmonkeys For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

enewman17
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 6,211

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingmonkeys View Post
Meaning you want me to stay on mj2 to test for us? Good luck man that's a lot to take on. Looking forward to it.
You won't have to because it will work on the t999 too so I'm sure someone will test if your wanting to update.
- Top Secret Clown Business -
- The Devil's Reject -
By all means you are all welcome to use the entirety of everything I upload without permission. Enjoy!

The Following User Says Thank You to enewman17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

talkingmonkeys
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,985

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
You won't have to because it will work on the t999 too so I'm sure someone will test if your wanting to update.
In that case I'm upgrading tonight and trying out your latest release until I update my ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to talkingmonkeys For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BakaNeko59
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
New build in OP changelog in 2nd post.
Okay, so where is the settings.db file I need to edit to remove the Smart Network switch that you mention in the changelog? I've done a search of my entire phone in ES File Explorer with no luck.

Also, is the "volume up" torch function built into the ROM or do we need the xposed module to do it?

Thanks for another winner!

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium HD app
BakaNeko59
Acer Iconia A500 32gb - CM-10 FLEX
Samsung Galaxy S III (AT&T) - Rooted with S3RX JB
Nook Color (my "backup tab") - CM10 nightlies
And a bunch of other stuff running Android, IOS, Windows 7, Server 2008 R2, Linux, etc.
http://bakarider.net
or, if you're into crafts check out our store at http://www.pnwcrafts.com

ibuddler
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbc View Post
After using both kernels (KT747 and stock 3.4.0-1514807) I have some comparison notes on their behavior. I wouldn't say these are totally objective but same apps and data, relatively little else changed:

KT747:
- higher battery usage without tuning
- comparable battery life after using ktoonservative governor, lowering min clock speed
- choppier UI and app performance
- Bluetooth media connection drops out periodically every few minutes

I should have taken a screen shot of the battery usage, but essentially I got 7-8 hours of moderate use on wifi and phone would run a little hot. Not great. Didn't see any abnormal process behavior in System Tuner, possibly a wireless issue. (bluetooth?)

Stock kernel:
- decent battery life even with relatively heavy usage and background network activity
- stable bluetooth connections (so far)

At least in my case, it's clear I should stick to the stock kernel.
Do you know if Vpn works with stock kernel in this rom?

Can anyone help me to verify? I'm on likewise and it doesn't work.

miatawnt2b
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Is there any way to remove the popup message when enabling the wifi tethering that tells you enabling wifi tether disables wifi? I can't stand it!
-J

The Following User Says Thank You to miatawnt2b For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]