OP DocHoliday77

13th October 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #31  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,497

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
There is a debrick thread in Q&A that is often successful. Should work if the brick happened while flashing official firmware. Which did you flash exactly?

You may need to find a 4.4.2 debrick.img from an I747M. Pretty sure someone posted one at some point, but can't remember for sure. A 4.3 image might work, but it's entirely dependant on how successful the Odin flash was. If the bootloader got flashed, you'll have to use the 4 4.2 image.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
13th October 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 10

39 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

There is a debrick thread in Q&A that is often successful. Should work if the brick happened while flashing official firmware. Which did you flash exactly?

You may need to find a 4.4.2 debrick.img from an I747M. Pretty sure someone posted one at some point, but can't remember for sure. A 4.3 image might work, but it's entirely dependant on how successful the Odin flash was. If the bootloader got flashed, you'll have to use the 4 4.2 image.

Yes, I was actually kinda looking into it. But I read somewhere that if Phone got bricked with flashing 4.4.2 then there is no going back So got kinda demoralised. I've searched various forums and non of the users have been successful. But will surely search again. Thanks for replying.
15th October 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #33  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,497

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
There have been some successful in debricking on 4.4.2. Its mostly only those that flashed a 4.4.2 modem on 4.3 firmware are unfixable.

29th October 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
I am on telus i747m, bootloader/modem mf1...can I go from this straight to current 4.4.2 bootloader/modem nh2 from sammobile?
Last edited by djvantri1; 29th October 2014 at 06:36 PM.
10th November 2014, 09:26 AM   |  #35  

10 posts
Thank you very much, you just saved my life~
10th November 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #36  

1 posts
More
This is my first attempt at a post, so please go easy on me if I don't get it done quite right.

I post this as a warning to anyone who might attempt to use Kies 3 to revert to factory firmware.

I recently started noodling with flashing ROMs, etc. Prior to that my device had received the AT&T OTA Kitkat. During my experimentation, I ended up with my I747 in a soft brick - VERY scary to a person new to this type of thing. Of the many things I tried in an attempt to regain functionality, one was to connect to Kies 3 and let it try to revert my device to stock ROM. I downloaded and installed the latest version of Kies 3 on my PC. When I started it and connected the device, in download mode, it recognized that my device was connected to my PC, recognized my model number and serial number, and said it could do a recovery. All seemed well, so I agreed to all the dire warnings and told Kies to proceed. After it finished, I discovered that Kies was flashing an older version of firmware (I don't recall which one, but older than KitKat). I should have paid more attention to the firmware version Kies said it was going to install, but I assumed (I know, I know) Samsung's own software would be smart enough to not push old software that would brick at device that AT&T already had updated to Kitkat (or does Samsung do the updates on behalf of AT&T?).

Fortunately the soft brick after Kies was no worse than the soft brick before Kies, but I still find it had to believe that Samsung's own Kies (version 3) program pushed an older version that could not work with the current, up-to-date OTA on my phone. I had just downloaded and installed Kies, for the purpose of this recovery, so Kies was up to date.

Again I post this as a warning to other noobies who might try to use Kies 3 to return to factory software.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
baseband, modem, ne4, ne6, nf2
Previous Thread Next Thread