No SIM error
I've been following this thread (and others like it) religiously for the last week, trying to solve a problem, but it is still hounding me, so I would like to see if anyone has any new ideas that I have not tried yet.
Situation: No SIM, not registered on network error
- Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M Canada, SaskTel network locked.
- wanted to get the thing unlocked, so went to retailer and was willing to pay the $$$, but they couldn't get it unlocked.
- while trying, I copied the unlock code
- I believe it didn't work because I was messing with the installs, I had / have the following in my bootloader info which I believe is due to my messing with the OS.
Warranty Bit: 1
BOOTLOADER RP SWREV: 2
- I understand this implies bootloader is locked and there is nothing I can do about it, because this is post 4.3 with the knox implementation.
- currently knox doesn't work.
- Since I believe I have the actual unlock code needed, all I want to do is get back to working stock so that I can apply it.
- have applied new OS (4.4.2) via Kies and Odin numerous times, worked every time but continues to display No SIM error.
- have tried hardware fixes (paper behind SIM card, etc.) and software suggestions from numerous threads and nothing worked. I have 3 SIM cards from different networks and none of them are recognized (not even the original SIM card that was recognized when I took the phone to get it unlocked in the first place,) so the problem isn't the SIM card.
- I highly suspect it's OS/MODEM/bootloader related.
- OS/MODEM versions match, and currently installed is version I747MVLUFNH2 but immediately after install, updates itself to version VLUFOB1
- when installing new tar with odin, the modem file gets installed.
- have tried manually applying Sasktel_GalaxyS3_VLUFNH2_Modem.zip at same time (in PHONE data field of Oden) as OS (I747MVLUFNH2_I747MOYCFNH2_I747MVLUFNH2_HOME.tar.m d5) but unsuccessful, but it's possible I messed up there.
As I say, I just want to get back to a stock, working (and locked, assumed) OS so that I can apply this unlock key.
Thanks a lot,