FORUMS

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more

When a Friend or Family Member Asks for a Phone Recommendation, What Do You Tell Them?

The majority of us here at XDA would consider … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Modem][Baseband]4.4.2 Modems for I747/I747M

31st January 2015, 09:08 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
You Saved Me
I tried to change my modem to an earlier version hoping that I could try to unlock carrier from 4.4.2 but instead I just stopped my phone from working showing no baseband or other important numbers and no service. With this modem download you provided I was able to sideload and run my phone fully working again. I searched for hours for a solution like this and yours was the only one I found.

Thank you thank you thank you

Still wish I could unlock my phone but maybe I'll try something another time. Using a Canadian samsung s3 with rogers.

4th February 2015, 03:18 AM |#62  
Flag Athens, GA
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Unlocked mine when it was new using a kijiji add...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
7th February 2015, 03:39 PM |#63  

More
More Please
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasterrr

Unlocked mine when it was new using a kijiji add...

Sorry I don't really get what you're saying.... Some random person from a kijiji ad was able to unlock your phone? Did they do it for free? Not likely. I wish I could make it unlocked without a fee or charge. Since its seemingly not possible with 4.4.2.
10th February 2015, 02:14 AM |#64  
Flag Athens, GA
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadanew2root

Sorry I don't really get what you're saying.... Some random person from a kijiji ad was able to unlock your phone? Did they do it for free? Not likely. I wish I could make it unlocked without a fee or charge. Since its seemingly not possible with 4.4.2.

Wish it was free. I paid 20 bucks for the service.

14th April 2015, 06:47 PM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
What are my chances?
My i747 is running ucufnj1, kernel from Oct 1.
What are my chances? Should I use safestrap or something similar to have a cooked rom, lollipop 5.1?
Last edited by jmontalvo1; 14th April 2015 at 06:49 PM.
18th April 2015, 07:46 PM |#66  

More
No SIM error
Hey everyone:

I've been following this thread (and others like it) religiously for the last week, trying to solve a problem, but it is still hounding me, so I would like to see if anyone has any new ideas that I have not tried yet.

Situation: No SIM, not registered on network error

History/highlights:
- Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M Canada, SaskTel network locked.
- wanted to get the thing unlocked, so went to retailer and was willing to pay the $$$, but they couldn't get it unlocked.
- while trying, I copied the unlock code
- I believe it didn't work because I was messing with the installs, I had / have the following in my bootloader info which I believe is due to my messing with the OS.
Warranty Bit: 1
BOOTLOADER RP SWREV: 2
- I understand this implies bootloader is locked and there is nothing I can do about it, because this is post 4.3 with the knox implementation.
- currently knox doesn't work.
- Since I believe I have the actual unlock code needed, all I want to do is get back to working stock so that I can apply it.
- have applied new OS (4.4.2) via Kies and Odin numerous times, worked every time but continues to display No SIM error.
- have tried hardware fixes (paper behind SIM card, etc.) and software suggestions from numerous threads and nothing worked. I have 3 SIM cards from different networks and none of them are recognized (not even the original SIM card that was recognized when I took the phone to get it unlocked in the first place,) so the problem isn't the SIM card.
- I highly suspect it's OS/MODEM/bootloader related.
- OS/MODEM versions match, and currently installed is version I747MVLUFNH2 but immediately after install, updates itself to version VLUFOB1
- when installing new tar with odin, the modem file gets installed.
- have tried manually applying Sasktel_GalaxyS3_VLUFNH2_Modem.zip at same time (in PHONE data field of Oden) as OS (I747MVLUFNH2_I747MOYCFNH2_I747MVLUFNH2_HOME.tar.m d5) but unsuccessful, but it's possible I messed up there.

Any thoughts?

As I say, I just want to get back to a stock, working (and locked, assumed) OS so that I can apply this unlock key.

Thanks a lot,
Bill
2nd May 2015, 01:37 PM |#67  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
If I'm using CM11 running 4.4. will this work or do I have to download the modem corresponding to android version from before I flashed any Roms?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
baseband, modem, ne4, ne6, nf2
Previous Thread Next Thread