9,195 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,586

By DocHoliday77, Recognized Contributor on 23rd August 2014, 08:51 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
31st January 2015, 09:08 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
You Saved Me
I tried to change my modem to an earlier version hoping that I could try to unlock carrier from 4.4.2 but instead I just stopped my phone from working showing no baseband or other important numbers and no service. With this modem download you provided I was able to sideload and run my phone fully working again. I searched for hours for a solution like this and yours was the only one I found.

Thank you thank you thank you

Still wish I could unlock my phone but maybe I'll try something another time. Using a Canadian samsung s3 with rogers.

4th February 2015, 03:18 AM |#62  
Flag Athens, GA
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Unlocked mine when it was new using a kijiji add...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
7th February 2015, 03:39 PM |#63  

More
More Please
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasterrr

Unlocked mine when it was new using a kijiji add...

Sorry I don't really get what you're saying.... Some random person from a kijiji ad was able to unlock your phone? Did they do it for free? Not likely. I wish I could make it unlocked without a fee or charge. Since its seemingly not possible with 4.4.2.
10th February 2015, 02:14 AM |#64  
Flag Athens, GA
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadanew2root

Sorry I don't really get what you're saying.... Some random person from a kijiji ad was able to unlock your phone? Did they do it for free? Not likely. I wish I could make it unlocked without a fee or charge. Since its seemingly not possible with 4.4.2.

Wish it was free. I paid 20 bucks for the service.

14th April 2015, 06:47 PM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
What are my chances?
My i747 is running ucufnj1, kernel from Oct 1.
What are my chances? Should I use safestrap or something similar to have a cooked rom, lollipop 5.1?
Last edited by jmontalvo1; 14th April 2015 at 06:49 PM.
18th April 2015, 07:46 PM |#66  

More
No SIM error
Hey everyone:

I've been following this thread (and others like it) religiously for the last week, trying to solve a problem, but it is still hounding me, so I would like to see if anyone has any new ideas that I have not tried yet.

Situation: No SIM, not registered on network error

History/highlights:
- Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M Canada, SaskTel network locked.
- wanted to get the thing unlocked, so went to retailer and was willing to pay the $$$, but they couldn't get it unlocked.
- while trying, I copied the unlock code
- I believe it didn't work because I was messing with the installs, I had / have the following in my bootloader info which I believe is due to my messing with the OS.
Warranty Bit: 1
BOOTLOADER RP SWREV: 2
- I understand this implies bootloader is locked and there is nothing I can do about it, because this is post 4.3 with the knox implementation.
- currently knox doesn't work.
- Since I believe I have the actual unlock code needed, all I want to do is get back to working stock so that I can apply it.
- have applied new OS (4.4.2) via Kies and Odin numerous times, worked every time but continues to display No SIM error.
- have tried hardware fixes (paper behind SIM card, etc.) and software suggestions from numerous threads and nothing worked. I have 3 SIM cards from different networks and none of them are recognized (not even the original SIM card that was recognized when I took the phone to get it unlocked in the first place,) so the problem isn't the SIM card.
- I highly suspect it's OS/MODEM/bootloader related.
- OS/MODEM versions match, and currently installed is version I747MVLUFNH2 but immediately after install, updates itself to version VLUFOB1
- when installing new tar with odin, the modem file gets installed.
- have tried manually applying Sasktel_GalaxyS3_VLUFNH2_Modem.zip at same time (in PHONE data field of Oden) as OS (I747MVLUFNH2_I747MOYCFNH2_I747MVLUFNH2_HOME.tar.m d5) but unsuccessful, but it's possible I messed up there.

Any thoughts?

As I say, I just want to get back to a stock, working (and locked, assumed) OS so that I can apply this unlock key.

Thanks a lot,
Bill
2nd May 2015, 01:37 PM |#67  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
If I'm using CM11 running 4.4. will this work or do I have to download the modem corresponding to android version from before I flashed any Roms?
22nd June 2015, 10:42 AM |#68  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
How'd you end up solving this?
29th June 2015, 12:23 AM |#69  
Flag Canada
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Are there any new modems available and this project is abandoned?
29th June 2015, 04:34 AM |#70  
Thanks Meter: 257

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeAndroid

Are there any new modems available and this project is abandoned?

The most recent modem for the i747 is NJ1.
The most recent modem for the i747 is OB1.
The Following User Says Thank You to dawgdoc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
baseband, modem, ne4, ne6, nf2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)