Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 40,271 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flashable (TWRP/CWM) 4.4 NE4 Modem

Tip us?

rishidhar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Flashable (TWRP/CWM) 4.4 NE4 Modem

Does someone have a "flashable" zip for the new 4.4 NE4 modem?

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5199

DONATE TO ME
Not a good idea at this point. Unless yours already on NE4 firmware it'll brick.

rishidhar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I'm updated to NE4 and want to flash back to a 4.3 rom. I was able to downgrade but unable to get any signal due to not having NE4.

I just need the NE4 to flash to get signal back but not the whole OTA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
Not a good idea at this point. Unless yours already on NE4 firmware it'll brick.

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5199

DONATE TO ME
Ok. Ill get one posted shortly if someone else doesn't get to it first.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Ok, I just posted this in a Q&A thread as well, so just a quick copy/paste, and...................Here is your modem!

NOTE TO ALL!!!!!!

WARNING!!!
WARNING!!!
WARNING!!!

DO NOT FLASH THIS MODEM UNLESS YOU ARE ALREADY ON THE UCUFNE4 FIRMWARE!!!!! THIS WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE IF FLASHED ON 4.3 FIRMWARE!!!!!!!

THIS IS ONLY SAFE TO FLASH IF YOU ARE ON 4.4.2, NE4, I747 FIRMWARE AND BOOTLOADER!!!

ATT_GalaxyS3_UCUFNE4_Modem
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

plastic_green_head
Old
Thanks Meter 1
So let me get this straight. This is for if a person:

Updated via OTA to 4.4.2
Installed TWRP/CWM 4.3 backup
No Wi-Fi after installing the 4.3 backup

This will simply get Wi-Fi working again after restoring a 4.3 backup, after on 4.4.2 OTA?

rishidhar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you so much DocHoliday77! This works if you are on NE4 bootloader

Quote:
Ok. Ill get one posted shortly if someone else doesn't get to it first.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Ok, I just posted this in a Q&A thread as well, so just a quick copy/paste, and...................Here is your modem!

NOTE TO ALL!!!!!!

WARNING!!!
WARNING!!!
WARNING!!!

DO NOT FLASH THIS MODEM UNLESS YOU ARE ALREADY ON THE UCUFNE4 FIRMWARE!!!!! THIS WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE IF FLASHED ON 4.3 FIRMWARE!!!!!!!

THIS IS ONLY SAFE TO FLASH IF YOU ARE ON 4.4.2, NE4, I747 FIRMWARE AND BOOTLOADER!!!

ATT_GalaxyS3_UCUFNE4_Modem

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5199

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic_green_head View Post
So let me get this straight. This is for if a person:

Updated via OTA to 4.4.2
Installed TWRP/CWM 4.3 backup
No Wi-Fi after installing the 4.3 backup

This will simply get Wi-Fi working again after restoring a 4.3 backup, after on 4.4.2 OTA?
No it most likely won't fix WiFi, this is only for if you flashed the 4.3 modem as instructed in many 4.3 Rom threads, after having updated to the 4.4.2 firmware.
I believe the wifi issues you are referring to are kernel related. If on a 4.3 rom, flash the MJ2 kernel to fix.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rishidhar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yeah Wifi is kernel issue. I've had to use the Ktoonez 4.3 kernel if I'm running a 4.3 ROM after updating to the NE4 bootloader.

Quote:
No it most likely won't fix WiFi, this is only for if you flashed the 4.3 modem as instructed in many 4.3 Rom threads, after having updated to the 4.4.2 firmware.
I believe the wifi issues you are referring to are kernel related. If on a 4.3 rom, flash the MJ2 kernel to fix.

talkingmonkeys
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1306

DONATE TO ME
Mj2 and mjb kernels work for 4.3 too.

Sent from my SGH-I747 running TW4.4.2 TMS3KK
The Following User Says Thank You to talkingmonkeys For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pcshano
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
so I'm currently on 4.4 NE4 bootloader and on an AOSP rom(AOSPA), will I be able to flash 4.3 kernel to fix wifi? I remembered some roms mentioned that 4.4 aosp rom only accept 7/1/14 and up kernels.. but forgot which
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 I747
Network: T-Mobile
Recovery: TWRP latest
Rom: some AOSP