Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Absolutely lost and stuck on CM11.

OP androidmando

7th July 2014, 04:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Hi folks,

So, a friend decided it'd be a great idea to run the CM installer on my GS3...it's a little buggy and I prefer stock because I'm a bit of a noob, but I can't seem to figure out where to begin. I downloaded Odin, and I have Clockwork recovery installed...but when I tried to load on the stock md5 it didn't work, which is probably a good thing because I'm rather lost and I'll brick my phone. It was running the latest TouchWiz (kitkat, I assume?) and it's the AT&T version. I don't have any interest in the warranty matter, just want to get back to normal, easy-to-use TouchWiz. Any help (and by help, I mean a step-by-step tutorial) would be appreciated and I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks.
7th July 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53526132

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 running TMS3KK-1.1
7th July 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper67857

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53526132

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 running TMS3KK-1.1

so, what exactly do I flash and how should I do it? I'm not aware if that's the correct bootloader/modem/etc and I don't want a hard brick
8th July 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
If you don't already have a terminal emulator app, download one. Run the following command:

getprop ro.bootloader

Respond with the result.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 running TMS3KK-1.1
8th July 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper67857

if you don't already have a terminal emulator app, download one. Run the following command:

Getprop ro.bootloader

respond with the result.

Sent from my samsung-sgh-i747 running tms3kk-1.1

i747ucuemjb
8th July 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Then you need both the ktoonsez kernel and either the odex or deodex rom (your choice). You may also need to change to twrp or philz touch recovery, not sure if the version of cwm you have will install that rom. Maybe someone with more experience in step by stepping can chime in here to tell you exactly what to do. Otherwise search for twrp, install it, boot to it, do a factory wipe, then install the two zips mentioned above (rom and kt747 kernel, in that order).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 running TMS3KK-1.1
8th July 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper67857

Then you need both the ktoonsez kernel and either the odex or deodex rom (your choice). You may also need to change to twrp or philz touch recovery, not sure if the version of cwm you have will install that rom. Maybe someone with more experience in step by stepping can chime in here to tell you exactly what to do. Otherwise search for twrp, install it, boot to it, do a factory wipe, then install the two zips mentioned above (rom and kt747 kernel, in that order).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 running TMS3KK-1.1


Difference between the odex and the deodex? sorry
8th July 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2200349

If you don't care to do any theming and just want that stock feel back, go with the odex

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 running TMS3KK-1.1

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes