Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,213 Members 39,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AT&T bricked my S3 - Help please.

Tip us?

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5183

DONATE TO ME
Weird! Sounds like something on your system didn't like the md5sum. Never seen that before!
But if it appeared to flash ok, rebooted and it says PASS in Odin, you should be good to go.

First though, what exactly did you flash? Can you link to it? To my knowledge there is no NE4 firmware package available. Ive been trying to make one but it hasn't worked yet....

doclees
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
Weird! Sounds like something on your system didn't like the md5sum. Never seen that before!
But if it appeared to flash ok, rebooted and it says PASS in Odin, you should be good to go.

First though, what exactly did you flash? Can you link to it? To my knowledge there is no NE4 firmware package available. Ive been trying to make one but it hasn't worked yet....
Just flashed the TWRP http://true-android.blogspot.com/201...at-galaxy.html. It passed it and phone rebooted to the normal reboot and my old screen. Weird? I do weird all the time. I used Odin 3.09. I have run it through some of its apps. I will wait 24 hours to see if it reboots by itself.

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5183

DONATE TO ME
Cool, sounds like it should be ok then. Hopefully it'll make it through your testing period!
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

doclees
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
Cool, sounds like it should be ok then. Hopefully it'll make it through your testing period!
Well it's functioning but we are back to the reboots 4-5 x a day. I can get to the recovery screen now. Anyone have a guess of my best next option?

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5183

DONATE TO ME
Not sure, could be a faulty power switch though. Lots of these have been going bad in recent months, but it usually happens all the time, not just a few times a day.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk