Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] AT&T bricked my S3 - Help please.

OP doclees

17th July 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,497

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Weird! Sounds like something on your system didn't like the md5sum. Never seen that before!
But if it appeared to flash ok, rebooted and it says PASS in Odin, you should be good to go.

First though, what exactly did you flash? Can you link to it? To my knowledge there is no NE4 firmware package available. Ive been trying to make one but it hasn't worked yet....
17th July 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Weird! Sounds like something on your system didn't like the md5sum. Never seen that before!
But if it appeared to flash ok, rebooted and it says PASS in Odin, you should be good to go.

First though, what exactly did you flash? Can you link to it? To my knowledge there is no NE4 firmware package available. Ive been trying to make one but it hasn't worked yet....

Just flashed the TWRP http://true-android.blogspot.com/201...at-galaxy.html. It passed it and phone rebooted to the normal reboot and my old screen. Weird? I do weird all the time. I used Odin 3.09. I have run it through some of its apps. I will wait 24 hours to see if it reboots by itself.
17th July 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Cool, sounds like it should be ok then. Hopefully it'll make it through your testing period!
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Cool, sounds like it should be ok then. Hopefully it'll make it through your testing period!

Well it's functioning but we are back to the reboots 4-5 x a day. I can get to the recovery screen now. Anyone have a guess of my best next option?
22nd July 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Not sure, could be a faulty power switch though. Lots of these have been going bad in recent months, but it usually happens all the time, not just a few times a day.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
12th October 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Just a F/U. The reboot was getting to be a problem. Also had a problem with back up and restore apps. Found one that worked so I did a factory reset. All is good again. Love my S3 again. Still not happy with how AT&T handled the problem though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread