[Q] ATT S3 Upgrade to 4.4

19th August 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I am not very much familiar with all intricacies of Android system but i have played around rooting and putting customer firmwares on few devices.

I have AT&T Galaxy S3 with following detals:

Baseband: I747UCUEMJB
Version: 4.3

I had the device rooted in the past but recently un-rooted it and reset the flash counter as well and did factory reset. Did all that since i wanted to use ISIS and couldn't make it work on a rooted S3. Seems it used to work before till they updated ISIS app to patch it.

Now AT&T got 4.4 update and my phone detects it, downloads it but while installing fails at 32%. I have seen many threads where people faced similar issues due to their phones being rooted. Seems something on my phone didn't reset to default.

I found one post which mentions that i can download UCUEMJB_to_UCUFNE4_Firmware_update.zip and load it to phone using TWRP. As i understand, this will update the baseband but android version still remains at 4.3 (?). Is that the path i should be looking for or i am shooting in wrong direction? I want to stay on default firmware since i like to use ISIS till they keep running those cashback promos

Would appreciate some feedback.
19th August 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,173

8,819 posts
Donate to Me
More
Download MJB firmware (thread in General) and flash with Odin. You can stop there or try the ota again.
19th August 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Download MJB firmware (thread in General) and flash with Odin. You can stop there or try the ota again.

Thanks for the reply.

Just to confirm so that i don't mess up, i will apply the following(is modem same as firmware?) and then try OTA.
I747UCUEMJB: modem_CWM_I747UCUEMJB.zip
20th August 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,173

8,819 posts
Donate to Me
More
No. The modem is only one part of the firmware. Firmware includes bootloaders, kernel, system, modem and more.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread