[Q] Baseband problem or more on I747 AT&T?

Search This thread

stormtrupr

May 12, 2010
Hello everyone,
i may be missing this stuff through the searches i have done but i have just installed CM11 using the autoinstaller (great feature btw). I had originally tried doing so through CWM, but it wouldn't work at first due to an older version of CWM i was using 6.0.3.x. I then installed cm10.2 to updtate CWM, and then updated to CM11. It was then that i realized that the DSP manager was not working and thus no sound would play at all. I did not try a phone call however as i am waiting on a new sim card for the device(just got an S5 and this S3 is going to be for my father and law)

Anyway, after the autoinstaller by cyanogenmod, i do not get a dsp manager error, but i have no sound still. I cannot play stock ringtones or use youtube(errors out and doesnt even play video)

I updated the radio baseband to MJB in order to do these updates, which now in my about device properties it says unknown baseband version. i think i found through searching on here mention to an NE4? radio(could someone provide me the link for it)

Could the radio baseband be causing the sound issues? or do i have separate problems?

Now that i have updated the baseband to MJB, i assume i cannot go back to 10.1.2 that worked pretty well on the phone?? I would love to use CM11, but no sound is definately not gonna work.

Thanks,
storm

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Do you have the mjb bootloader? The bootloader and modem need to be compatible.

Boot into download mode and look to see if you see anything about warranty bit. If you don't see anything about warranty bit, you do not have the 4.3 bootloader and that could be the issue.

stormtrupr

May 12, 2010
Do you have the mjb bootloader? The bootloader and modem need to be compatible.

Boot into download mode and look to see if you see anything about warranty bit. If you don't see anything about warranty bit, you do not have the 4.3 bootloader and that could be the issue.

i had used the terminal to do the getprop bootloader command and it said MJB. I thought i was installing the bootloader and radio together as one package, maybe thats my issue. would you have links to the right radio i should use?

stormtrupr

May 12, 2010
ok, so what i installed via CWM was the file boot_CWM_I747UCUEMJB.zip from here on XDA if that helps.

Last edited:

Viper67857

Dec 14, 2013
Then you need the mjb modem.. There's a thread here somewhere with all the modems and download links

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 running TMS3KK-2.0

stormtrupr

May 12, 2010
Then you need the mjb modem.. There's a thread here somewhere with all the modems and download links

ok, thanks. i will look for it. i found a bunch more about this stuff on the general forum for the i747(i had always been looking under the original development section)

i didnt see where there was an intermediate OTA update 4.2.1 or whaterver before the MJB update, i hope that i didnt miss it and create a problem.

so updating the modem will fix my sound issue?

Thanks again....i don't have time to easily keep track of all of this stuff.

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
If you have the mjb bootloader and mjb modem, install the latest CWM and flash a custom KK rom to see if that solves the sound issue.

Viper67857

Dec 14, 2013
Idk about the sound but it should fix your unknown baseband...

Last edited:

stormtrupr

May 12, 2010
Idk about the sound but it should fix your unknown baseband...

SUCCESS!!! updating the modem to MJB fixed the baseband version AND the sound issue.

So i am now running CM 11 with 4.4.2 kit kat off the MJB bootloader and Modem.

So....is there any point to update to the NE4 boot n modem? will i gain reliability or anything?

Thanks for all the help guys! it's great to breathe new life in the S3!