Can't boot / Odin won't work/No recovery

Search This thread

D RoiD

Oct 20, 2009
Eastern Canada
Hi everyone, looking for some guidance here. Ive checked different solutions but I think I've got a unique combination of "dun goof'd"

History:
I have a Canadian (Bell) SGH-I747M that is rooted and was running the latest cyanogen.
Wanted to lend it to a friend who lost his job and needed a phone but he had a deal through rogers and my phone was locked to Bell.
I tried a few of the unlock code steps but I needed to be 4.1.2 or lower for it to work I heard so I tried installing 4.1.2 and thats where it went wrong. I did a firmware update to back it down and mid update it failed.

I can get it into download mode but not recovery. Letting it boot normally gives the message "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Keys and try again" I don't think Keys works with cyanogen and even if it did, there is no serial # sticker behind the battery and since I can't boot into settings, I don't know the SN.

When I put it in download mode and try Odin using stockROMS.net oldest or newest image, Odin fails and the phone message is:
ODIN SW REV CHECK FAIL : Fused 2 > Binary 0

So long story short, any help is sincerely appreciated, my ideal state would be a working phone thats unlocked so my buddy can use it. IF that means an older OS, all good. Can I even fix this?? If you need more info I'll keep checking in... THANKS!

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
You cannot downgrade if your phi e has ever had the 4.3 or higher bootloader.

Fix the phone by booting into download mode and flashing the latest stock rom from sammobile.com.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

D RoiD

Oct 20, 2009
Eastern Canada
I can boot into download mode but Odin is erroring out.
I tried the sam mobile stock rom and another, I tried another usb cable and different port.
SGH-I747M (Canada) Bell 4.4.2 KitKat I747MVLUFNH2 2014 July

The error on ODIN is:
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1

Error on the phone is SW REV CHECK FAIL : FUSED 2 > Binary 0

Last edited:

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Try flashing a stock 4.3 ROM from sammobile.com for your i747m.

If Odin fails when flashing aboot.mbn, it's probably because the 4.3 ROM you are trying to flash has an older bootloader that the one currently on your phone.

If flashing the 4.3 ROM via Odin fails, copy the latest CM11 ROM and the corresponding Gapps to your internal or external memory, flash the latest Philz Touch recovery for the d2lte via Odin, boot into recovery, flash CM11, Gapps, boot, install Samsung Phone Info App, run app, look for the bootloader and modem version.

Reactions: D RoiD

D RoiD

Oct 20, 2009
Eastern Canada

If Odin fails when flashing aboot.mbn, it's probably because the 4.3 ROM you are trying to flash has an older bootloader that the one currently on your phone.

If flashing the 4.3 ROM via Odin fails, copy the latest CM11 ROM and the corresponding Gapps to your internal or external memory, flash the latest Philz Touch recovery for the d2lte via Odin, boot into recovery, flash CM11, Gapps, boot, install Samsung Phone Info App, run app, look for the bootloader and modem version.

I tried Philz and I can boot into recovery now :D Progress!

That being said the CM11 is stuck on the boot logo animation, tried re-installing as well as the CM Nightly same result.
Did full wipe etc still stuck.

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Are you wiping the cache, system, and data before flashing CM11 for the d2lte? Are you running the latest version of Philz?

Try CM12 if CM11 doesn't work.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You cannot downgrade if your phi e has ever had the 4.3 or higher bootloader.

Fix the phone by booting into download mode and flashing the latest stock rom from sammobile.com.
    You must be flashing an older bootloader because it fails when it gets to aboot.mbn.
    Are your trying to flash a 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 rom? Can't be done if you have a 4.3 or newer bootloader.
    The newest ROM is 4.4.2.

What bootloader version is on your phone?