Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 41,959 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Boot into Recovery Mode through Odin

Tip us?

Mikyan100
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Boot into Recovery Mode through Odin

Hi there,

Is there a way to boot into Recovery Mode from Odin.

I install a Stock Rom to my phone from Odin, and now its stuck in the Samsung Logo. I read that I should go to Recovery, Wipe all and will be ready, but the Volume Up button does not work in my phone.

I am able to enter to Download Mode with a JIG (as the Volume up doesn't work, I cant advanced when before Download Mode says, Push Volume Up to continue), I have tried like 4 different roms, all of them pass but the phone doesn't pass the Samsung logo. I waited like 20 minutes and nothing .

I think the only way right now is to somehow boot into Recovery Mode from Odin, do the Wipe and recover my phone. I flashed the I747MVLUFNE6.

Is there a way/guide to do this?

Thanks!

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,904

DONATE TO ME
Theres no need. You'd only need to boot recovery to factory reset. But im pretty sure mobile odin has that option built in. Just choose Wipe Data and Cache.

Viper67857
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
Theres no need. You'd only need to boot recovery to factory reset. But im pretty sure mobile odin has that option built in. Just choose Wipe Data and Cache.
How can he get to mobile Odin if it won't boot past the splash screen? Maybe using a .pit file to reformat everything from Odin would work? That's definitely more your area than mine though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 running TMS3KK-1.2

Mikyan100
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper67857 View Post
How can he get to mobile Odin if it won't boot past the splash screen? Maybe using a .pit file to reformat everything from Odin would work? That's definitely more your area than mine though

Yes, that's the point, my phone doesn't boot, I am only able to boot in Download Mode.

IŽll read more about the .pit file.

BWolf56
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,698

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikyan100 View Post
Yes, that's the point, my phone doesn't boot, I am only able to boot in Download Mode.

IŽll read more about the .pit file.
You'll either have to flash stock that matches your current bootloaders/baseband or try adb to push recovery mode and factory reset.
Sent by falcon messenger while riding a laser equipped T-rex on a rocket
>>Get Dropbox right here<<
>>Rogers LTE tethering mod<<
LG G3 D852
ROM: Stock debloated
Kernel: 3.4.0
Launcher: Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelendel
Jig ~ You should never need one but.. Use the condom theory.

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,904

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper67857 View Post

Lol! Oops! Sorry bout that! Perhaps sleep isnt so overrated after all!!!

If you can find a way to flash an insecure kernel from Odin, you can probably use adb reboot recovery. The trick is probably finding an Odin flashable insecure kernel! (If you cant, let me know and ill try to make one for you.)

The PIT file should work too though. It'll format the data partition (like a factory reset) which is probably what you need to do.

If you have any very important data on your internal sdcard, I'd try the adb method first. If youve got everything backed up already, or dont care about losing that data, use the PIT file with Odin.

Mikyan100
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
Lol! Oops! Sorry bout that! Perhaps sleep isnt so overrated after all!!!

If you can find a way to flash an insecure kernel from Odin, you can probably use adb reboot recovery. The trick is probably finding an Odin flashable insecure kernel! (If you cant, let me know and ill try to make one for you.)

The PIT file should work too though. It'll format the data partition (like a factory reset) which is probably what you need to do.

If you have any very important data on your internal sdcard, I'd try the adb method first. If youve got everything backed up already, or dont care about losing that data, use the PIT file with Odin.
I did a backup of important files just before the update, so I don't care to lose any data.

I'll try with the PIT file, however I couldn't find any for KK. Can I flash an old PIT file or needs to be for the specific stock rom?

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,904

DONATE TO ME
The PIT file just needs to be for your model device with the correct storage capacity. (16/32gb).
Its the same across firmware builds, so long as it hasn't been changed, which it has not.