XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

bricked my i747. calling all pros

Tip us?

troolplay1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Angry bricked my i747. calling all pros

Hello people, I randomly tried to flash internation model rom on my i747 model s3

it gave wrong model error so i went and modified asserts in the update file and made it pass the check. but phone wont turn on now. i do get red led when charging it. I know it sounds stupid but i just wanted to give a try (was assuming I would unlock the phone )

anyways i do know that 16gb sd un-brick method. but i was wondering if there's a possible different method.

thanks for your time.

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,082

DONATE TO ME
Only paying for a jtag service

troolplay1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
looks like SD Unbrick method isn't working either, it's not turning on with unbrick sd. i did do a backup before all this. can anyone help here?

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,082

DONATE TO ME
Dont give up. Many people have to run through the sd creation process several times before it worked.
It could also be the sd card you are using.

troolplay1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
Dont give up. Many people have to run through the sd creation process several times before it worked.
It could also be the sd card you are using.
the thing is, all debrick img's posted on threads are for 4.3 and up. my phone was on 4.1.2 with an i747 bootloader.

going to order a usb jig (since diy's failed)

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,082

DONATE TO ME
If you are on pre-4.3 firmware, it shouldn't matter what debrick.img you use. But if you do get it to boot it will not let you flash anything older than what the image is.

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

Of course it wouldn't hurt to have a 4.1.2 image.....

distorsun
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by troolplay1 View Post
the thing is, all debrick img's posted on threads are for 4.3 and up. my phone was on 4.1.2 with an i747 bootloader.

going to order a usb jig (since diy's failed)
It is a good idea to have a jig handy. But you many not even need it for that one. The exact same thing happened to me (I747m - Fido).
Just make sure the SD card is the same size as your phone for the image.
I am assuming you already found all the steps? You can pm me if you need the necessary files.

troolplay1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by distorsun View Post
It is a good idea to have a jig handy. But you many not even need it for that one. The exact same thing happened to me (I747m - Fido).
Just make sure the SD card is the same size as your phone for the image.
I am assuming you already found all the steps? You can pm me if you need the necessary files.
I have tried many many debirck img's. both for t999 and i747, for 4.3 and whatnot. today i got the jig in the mail but the try failed, still wont turn on. i lost hope and i feel like sending it to ebay service is my only resort. the sd card i was using was a pixar class 10 16GB. idk what would go wrong with that.

the reason that i bricked it, again, is flashing wrong bootloader.

any help would be appreciated.

crazymonkey05
Old
Thanks Meter 211

DONATE TO ME
Idk bro the international s3 is a whole nother phone, it has a quad core exynos processor while we got a dual core snapdragon, it's got a gig of ram we got 2.... That's too name a few differences.....I think the only way to fix it is by a JTAG.......sorry bout the luck bro
If i helped hit the thanks button.

Current Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII (SGH-I747)

ROM: Stock Touchwiz Rom

Kernel: Stock 3.0.31-2024954

Previous Devices: Motorola Droid 1, Pantech Crossover, Motorola Droid X, LG Revolution, Sony Ericsson Xperia Play (r800x)

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,082

DONATE TO ME
O don't think he's got an international version. Thought he mentioned having an I747 before??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk