LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help save my phone please!

OP britzman

5th September 2014, 08:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I've been looking around this website and trying to fix my soft bricked at&t galaxy sgh i747(failed root) but there are multiple methods and it's extremely confusing. I've even lost all my data from a factory reset. I've tried to follow these instructions the most because no sd card is required (which I don't have) and it's the simplest:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658486

I downloaded the second cwm link but I can't seem to get it into into odin because none of the extensions are being recognized. I've been trying different methods for about 3 days now and nothing has worked. It took me hours just to get odin to recognize my sIII. Is this even the correct method to follow?

I just wanted to debloat all the crap those corporate parasites forced onto my device but it's not worth the headache. Please point me to the correct thread or whatever so this torture can end and i can be on my way. thank you so much.
Last edited by britzman; 5th September 2014 at 08:34 PM.
6th September 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
BACKGROUND:

I don't have an SD CARD and the android version was 4.4.2 before the brick. i tried using kingo root which rooted the verizon version on my at&t phone and then I uninstalled some bloatware with an app and when I closed the app, the top bar started to flicker and then it closed. I have not found any posts with my situation and I'm beginning to think I'm SOL. Posts have told me that my phone cannot be downgraded because you can't use a lower android version and other posts say you need an SD card. I'm able to get to the download mode and factory reset page.

The phone even boots onto the home screen for the wizard guide, but when it gets to google services it says the wizard has stopped. I'm able to mess around with a few things like the settings/camera but there are no apps.

Will someone tell me if there is any hope. There are so many tutorials out there, but I have yet to find a clear one for my situation.
6th September 2014, 04:50 AM   |  #3  
Flag New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 127

586 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by britzman

BACKGROUND:

I don't have an SD CARD and the android version was 4.4.2 before the brick. i tried using kingo root which rooted the verizon version on my at&t phone and then I uninstalled some bloatware with an app and when I closed the app, the top bar started to flicker and then it closed. I have not found any posts with my situation and I'm beginning to think I'm SOL. Posts have told me that my phone cannot be downgraded because you can't use a lower android version and other posts say you need an SD card. I'm able to get to the download mode and factory reset page.

The phone even boots onto the home screen for the wizard guide, but when it gets to google services it says the wizard has stopped. I'm able to mess around with a few things like the settings/camera but there are no apps.

Will someone tell me if there is any hope. There are so many tutorials out there, but I have yet to find a clear one for my situation.

Properly the reason you bricked it was that you flashed something from this forum which is the international i9300 and any file here will not agree with your phone. You need to report your post and get it moved to the at&t forum where they might be able to help you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darke5tShad0w For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread