Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 40,703 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cell service constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

Tip us?

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,861

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahsh View Post
My baseband version is unknown. I have tried flashing the NE4 modem using recovery. It says success once the flash is complete. I was considering flashing the NE4 stock rom that is posted in the development thread, but wanted to research a little more since most of the early posts were talking about hard bricks after flashing. I believe I would be safe since I am on the NE4 bootloader and Rom already.

I would appreciate any help you are willing to provide.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Free mobile app
You probably are on full NE4 but make sure first.
Open terminal emulator and enter this,

getprop ro.bootloader

If it does return NE4, go to enewman17's afh folder and download d2att_I747UCUFNE4_bootloader_modem_4.4.2_7-29-14.zip

And also either the stock odexed or deodexed ROM.
Flash both in recovery and factory reset. (Backup first of course)

The afh folder is here,
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=15759

If your imei I is still missing, pm me and I will help try to restore it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

You might also want to try the kies method mentioned before too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jahsh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah, kies was one of the first things I tried. It says I have the latest firmware and it has nothing to do.

Output from getprops ro.bootloader is UCUFNE4.

If after flashing the stock packages and I still have issues I will send you a PM. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Free mobile app

jahsh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Woo Hoo! Reflashing the firmware and ROM resolved my issue. Thank you for all the help.

JJohnson1988
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
As for my issue, it looks like I fixed it once again. I still can't get into the service menu or most of the other hidden activities via the dialer, but I'll have to figure that out later.

And the solution seemed to be simply dicking around in the /efs directory. I noticed one file in particular, named serial_no or something similar. It contained all 0's. So I replaced the contents with my phone's serial number.

I also changed the contents of /efs/carrier/HiddenMenu from OFF to ON. Still didn't fix the dialer codes issue, but I left it with ON, because why not?

I also had some problems with factory mode being on when I flashed the stock firmware, but I dicked around with /efs/FactoryApp and that seemed to work. I had to run the following in the terminal:

su
rm /efs/FactoryApp/keystr
rm /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode
echo -n ON >> /efs/FactoryApp/keystr
echo -n ON >> /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode
chown 1000.1000 /efs/FactoryApp/keystr
chown 1000.1000 /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode
chmod 0744 /efs/FactoryApp/keystr
chmod 0744 /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode
reboot

So right now everything is back to normal. On the 9/11 CM nightly and no service dropouts at all.

One question though:

I've since ran some diagnostic tools, and one of them said that my phone doesn't have a CSC version, a CSC country, or a PDA version. Could this explain why I can't run any dialer codes?

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,861

DONATE TO ME
You're on CM. You have to be stock to use Samsung's dialer codes. CSC is only for touchwiz ROMs.

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

Also, some codes have changed, so even if on stock, a few of the old codes may no longer work.

The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JJohnson1988
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
You're on CM. You have to be stock to use Samsung's dialer codes. CSC is only for touchwiz ROMs.

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

Also, some codes have changed, so even if on stock, a few of the old codes may no longer work.

Yeah, that's the thing. They wouldn't work on stock TW either.

So I really hope that the codes have just changed (does anyone have the new listing?) and it's not yet another problem I have to figure out.

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,861

DONATE TO ME
There are apps that will tell you all the available codes. Such as Phone Info *Samsung*. Be careful though, they don't tell you what each code does, and some you do not want to use!