Debloat list

Search This thread

n01un0

Feb 13, 2010
Corner Bar Stool
Can someone point me to a list of items safe to uninstall on a fresh 4.4.2 stock AT&T (with root, of course).

There seems to be quite a bit more stuff than what was on 4.1 (like beats, at&t locker, etc).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
delete

crap!!! cant get it to paste.will cont. to try

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47025933
ok, maybe now i got it.
edit: i have not personally tried this. as always; BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP
err on the side of kindness

Last edited:

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Style (Pure)
Moto X4
Can someone point me to a list of items safe to uninstall on a fresh 4.4.2 stock AT&T (with root, of course).

There seems to be quite a bit more stuff than what was on 4.1 (like beats, at&t locker, etc).

Test the waters yourself. Do a nandroid and start by disabling/freezing with TiBu. If there are no issues try uninstalling. You can have TiBu back up the app and restore later if necessary. You can always restore your nandroid if you have major issues.

For the most part some safe ones to uninstall:
-all AT&T apps
-Most if not all Samsung apps. Most of the sync adapters just duplicate what Google already does except to Samsung servers. If you use S Memo, tasks in stock calendar, and a couple of select others, and you want your data backed up leave the corresponding sync adapters enabled along with the Samsung account enabled.

I personally just disabled and froze everything and left it at that on 4.3 since the disabled apps were on a separate tab. The account of space that would be saved was no issue for me.

Last edited:

n01un0

Feb 13, 2010
Corner Bar Stool
Thanks guys.

I am not using a custom rom or recovery so I couldn't really backup anything first. I'm bone stock with just root.

I just didn't want to have to start from scratch again if I uninstalled something I shouldn't have.

I just wanted to get rid of all the at&t stuff and wasn't sure about any Samsung stuff.