[Q] Unlock 4.3 OTA Galaxy S3

OP amfractal

25th November 2013, 03:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

47 posts
The method posted for unlocking S3 on 4.1.1 doesn't work on 4.3 OTA update. Downgrading to 4.1.1 is not possible as it will brick your phone.

Is there anyway to unlock AT&T 4.3 Galaxy S3?
25th November 2013, 04:15 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 127

511 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amfractal

The method posted for unlocking S3 on 4.1.1 doesn't work on 4.3 OTA update. Downgrading to 4.1.1 is not possible as it will brick your phone.

Is there anyway to unlock AT&T 4.3 Galaxy S3?

Does anyone know if a phone will remain unlocked if it is already unlocked when upgrading to OTA 4.3?
26th November 2013, 04:45 AM   |  #3  
Flag LA
Thanks Meter: 26

200 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack man

Does anyone know if a phone will remain unlocked if it is already unlocked when upgrading to OTA 4.3?

unlocked phones means they are unlocked forever nothing can lock it
26th November 2013, 05:16 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

47 posts
Anyone has a solution for this? I really need this for a trip and I think a lot of people will run to this problem.
26th November 2013, 09:09 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

47 posts
Thanks. Despite my better judgment I tried Cell Unlocker and they provided a code that didn't work (on original 4.3 ROM and SlimBean ROM, provided them with the video, and screenshots, etc). I'm trying to get my $30 buck back. (stupid I know but I was desparate). Wish I had known about sammobile.
Anyway I tried the code they provided I'm worried I'd spend more money and the code won't work again and it will freeze my phone (how many tries do I have?).

Could you please tell me what is the Qualcomm NV Tools doing and how will that help unlock the phone? Also these are for GT-I9305. The *#7284# code didn't work so I'm worried the rest of the instructions won't work for now.

For anyone reading this, the cellunlcoker.net service failed to unlock my 4.3 OTA and has so far not refunded my purchase so beware.
26th November 2013, 09:49 PM   |  #7  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 312

634 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks. Despite my better judgment I tried Cell Unlocker and they provided a code that didn't work (on original 4.3 ROM and SlimBean ROM, provided them with the video, and screenshots, etc). I'm trying to get my $30 buck back. (stupid I know but I was desparate). Wish I had known about sammobile.
Anyway I tried the code they provided I'm worried I'd spend more money and the code won't work again and it will freeze my phone (how many tries do I have?).

Could you please tell me what is the Qualcomm NV Tools doing and how will that help unlock the phone? Also these are for GT-I9305. The *#7284# code didn't work so I'm worried the rest of the instructions won't work for now.

For anyone reading this, the cellunlcoker.net service failed to unlock my 4.3 OTA and has so far not refunded my purchase so beware.

Just something I read from one of the links here. ★ ☆ ✰Sticky Roll-Up A Guide To All Guides and Q&A's ✰ ☆ ★

There's Imei and what not that you need to backup before doing anything if you have not already.. Once you lose that its a rough go.. Sorry I'm not sure why you would have to unlock your phone. I think the root process and everything handles that. All your questions should be answered within that thread.
26th November 2013, 10:16 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

47 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyboneNoya

Just something I read from one of the links here. ★ ☆ ✰Sticky Roll-Up A Guide To All Guides and Q&A's ✰ ☆ ★

There's Imei and what not that you need to backup before doing anything if you have not already.. Once you lose that its a rough go.. Sorry I'm not sure why you would have to unlock your phone. I think the root process and everything handles that. All your questions should be answered within that thread.

Thanks. I will have a look at those. My phone is already rooted. That, however, doesn't unlock the phone. The reason I want to unlock my phone is that I want to travel internationally and I want to be able to use my phone with sim cards from carriers abroad. I called AT&T and they refused to unlock it even though I have few months left on my contract.
26th November 2013, 10:25 PM   |  #9  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 312

634 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks. I will have a look at those. My phone is already rooted. That, however, doesn't unlock the phone. The reason I want to unlock my phone is that I want to travel internationally and I want to be able to use my phone with sim cards from carriers abroad. I called AT&T and they refused to unlock it even though I have few months left on my contract.

Ah I see, I found this.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2176719

Post 1 and 2 might have the answer you are looking for.
The Following User Says Thank You to SkyboneNoya For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2013, 10:39 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 33

145 posts
AT&T cannot refuse after 90 days of service they list a court battle over that call the international 800 number and they will give u the unlock code they did for me after 90 days

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Only one thing more you may need different radios in different countries I had to change my radio to get data in Mexico just be aware of that

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to jimchee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.3, at&t, galaxy s3, ota, unlock
Previous Thread Next Thread