No registration required

[Q] Entire Device Lags with Maps/Waze

OP omnivir

11th July 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello Everyone,

Ever since I've updated to 4.4.2+ I've been having the same issue across multiple ROMs. This being when I use Google Maps or Waze the entire device will frequently start to lag really, really bad. Somewhere around 15 seconds response to do anything. More often than not, I have to reboot by pulling the battery. I've seen similar issues between probably the 6+ ROMs across 4.4.2, 4.4.3, and 4.4.4, so I don't think its something isolated to any one specific ROM. This leaves the assumption that it may either be something specific to my device, the way I'm flashing new ROMs, or something seen in all releases of 4.4.2+. I doubt it's the third possibility, though. When I flash a new ROM I wipe cache, dalvik, and storage via TWRP's wipe option followed by installing the new ROM and Gapps, if needed.

I fear I know too little about how Android functions to start really troubleshooting the issue. If anyone can point me in the right direction of some troubleshooting guides, posts, applications, logs, etc I don't mind trying to hunt this down myself. I welcome any and all help that can be provided.

Thanks
-Omni
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread