[Q] can i flash older roms on my GS3

Tip us?

Leandre20
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] can i flash older roms on my GS3

Ok so i am on 4.3 with bootloaders and modem, with a 4.3 rom

is it safe for me to flash a 4.1.2 rom and still keep the same modem and bootloader.

so for example i am rooted running a stock rom with a custom recovery, and i want to flash the rom 4.1.2 Axis (SDS) rom will it be safe for me to do so or do i risk the possibility of bricking my device.

NOTE:

I have bricked my device and used a method posted i think in the general forums of the gs3 to unbrick it, so if possible don't want to go through that experience again if you know what i mean

BWolf56
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,699

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandre20 View Post
Ok so i am on 4.3 with bootloaders and modem, with a 4.3 rom

is it safe for me to flash a 4.1.2 rom and still keep the same modem and bootloader.

so for example i am rooted running a stock rom with a custom recovery, and i want to flash the rom 4.1.2 Axis (SDS) rom will it be safe for me to do so or do i risk the possibility of bricking my device.

NOTE:

I have bricked my device and used a method posted i think in the general forums of the gs3 to unbrick it, so if possible don't want to go through that experience again if you know what i mean
Yes, it's safe - Just make sure you don't flash a older modem/baseband or bootloaders. Although, there's no reason to go back to 4.1.2, it was awful for our device. Then again, it's your decision!
Sent by falcon messenger while riding a laser equipped T-rex on a rocket
>>Get Dropbox right here<<
>>Rogers LTE tethering mod<<
LG G3 D852
ROM: Stock debloated
Kernel: 3.4.0
Launcher: Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelendel
Jig ~ You should never need one but.. Use the condom theory.

Leandre20
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Ok i just wasnt sure and i liked the rom because i had a fantastic experience with battery life and performance. Plus it has the v6 supercharger script which i dont know how to setup on any other rom my self

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app