Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can't get flashed ROMs and restored apps to play nice. What to do?

OP Iantuition

23rd August 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
I posted something similar in the general questions subforum but of course there was no response.

I'm on stock rooted 4.3. If it matters, I ALWAYS get a message about gapps crashing.

Basically, I'm sick of ****Wiz and its continuous bulkiness and slowness. Tried a few ROMs, settled on PacMan. Trouble is there just seems to be NO way to restore my apps.
Titanium is no good because it breaks push notifications for any app that uses them - unacceptable.
The Play Store just refuses to act right. At first it wouldn't restore anything at all, then on one of my million flashes, I started restoring from Titanium one-by-one, then got even MORE frustrated and stopped. Now that list of about six apps is what the Play Store tries to "restore".

I've flashed and Nandroided back so many times because of this. And no matter HOW many times I manually sync, or how long I leave my phone on Wi-Fi to do it itself, when I flash it's those same six apps restoring.

Today I thought to make an update.zip in Titanium before flashing. Flashed the ROM, then Gapps. Tried the update.zip and it wouldn't work. Booted, then tried it. It worked, but didn't "reboot in 5 seconds"... had to battery pull after 10 minutes. Then the apps didn't have data. Titanium restored them and recommended a reboot. When I did that, the menu button no longer worked. At all.

I'm really ****ing sick of this. What am I supposed to do? If I have to stay on TouchWiz I'm getting rid of this phone. It's counterproductive at this point.
24th August 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #2  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 865

3,023 posts
More
Are the custom ROMs based on the stock Samsung kernel? If not, that may be why your apps are crashing after being restored.
24th August 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

Are the custom ROMs based on the stock Samsung kernel? If not, that may be why your apps are crashing after being restored.

Well, they're not crashing. When I restore them with Titanium, everything works fine about them except push notifications and that just can't happen.

And the ROM I've chosen for now is PacMan. I don't think it is?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread