Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,222 Members 45,496 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I use AT&T i747 on Bell in Canada?

Tip us?
 
quaxer
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default [Q] Can I use AT&T i747 on Bell in Canada?

I have an unlocked stock rooted AT&T i747 running 4.1.2. I want to use it on the Bell network. When I put in a Bell sim, it shows it has service, and the pda.bell.ca APN shows up, but it can't find the Bell network, only Rogers. Just wondering if anyone else has tried the same thing and had success or no? As it is I cannot call, text, or browse... Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-01-03-23-01-00.png
Views:	30
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	2840886  
 
audit13
Old
#2  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 349
Posts: 2,166
Join Date: Jun 2012
Is there an option in the network settings to select lte or wcdma?

Did you check to make sure the phone isn't listed as being blacklisted?
 
quaxer
Old
(Last edited by quaxer; 9th July 2014 at 03:16 AM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
Is there an option in the network settings to select lte or wcdma?

Did you check to make sure the phone isn't listed as being blacklisted?
I haven't located any settings about WCDMA or LTE. On my i747m I'm used to being able to toggle between 2G/3G/4G. Nothing like that here. Bell's IMEI check approved it, and it's not on the national blacklist.
 
BWolf56
Old
#4  
BWolf56's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1682
Posts: 3,807
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Outaouais

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by quaxer View Post
I haven't located any settings about WCDMA or LTE. On my i747m I'm used to being able to toggle between 2G/3G/4G. Nothing like that here. Bell's IMEI check approved it, and it's not on the national blacklist.
You say the Bell APN shows up but are you using it?
Sent by falcon messenger while riding a laser equipped T-rex on a rocket
>>Get Dropbox right here<<
>>Rogers LTE tethering mod<<
Galaxy S III I747m
ROM: AOKP 4.4.4
Kernel: KT747
Modem: ND3
Launcher: Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelendel
Jig ~ You should never need one but.. Use the condom theory.
 
quaxer
Old
(Last edited by quaxer; 9th July 2014 at 02:06 PM.)
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jul 2014
Trying to... However I'm still not getting any data service.
 
BWolf56
Old
#6  
BWolf56's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1682
Posts: 3,807
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Outaouais

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by quaxer View Post
Trying to... However I'm still not getting any data service.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1434995 has the APN, I assume you already looked it up but can be useful.

Getting service but no data is usually just not having data turned on.. So obvious question: Do you have it turned on in your settings/pulldown menu?

If your APN checks and data is turned on, you might have to give Bell a call (don't have to tell them you have a US variant).
Sent by falcon messenger while riding a laser equipped T-rex on a rocket
>>Get Dropbox right here<<
>>Rogers LTE tethering mod<<
Galaxy S III I747m
ROM: AOKP 4.4.4
Kernel: KT747
Modem: ND3
Launcher: Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelendel
Jig ~ You should never need one but.. Use the condom theory.
 
quaxer
Old
(Last edited by quaxer; 9th July 2014 at 05:46 PM.)
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jul 2014
Thanks for your input. Data is definitely turned on. However, please remember that it's not only data that isn't working. I am also unable to call and text.
 
BWolf56
Old
#8  
BWolf56's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1682
Posts: 3,807
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Outaouais

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by quaxer View Post
Thanks for your input. Data is definitely turned on. However, please remember that it's not only data that isn't working. I am also unable to call and text.
Can you check to make sure your baseband matches your bootloaders? If it does, I'm out of options for now. Bell (or someone else) can probably help you further.
Sent by falcon messenger while riding a laser equipped T-rex on a rocket
>>Get Dropbox right here<<
>>Rogers LTE tethering mod<<
Galaxy S III I747m
ROM: AOKP 4.4.4
Kernel: KT747
Modem: ND3
Launcher: Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelendel
Jig ~ You should never need one but.. Use the condom theory.
 
quaxer
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jul 2014
Sorry for not being overly knowledgeable...

How can I tell what bootloader I'm running?

Sent from my SGH-I747M
 
quaxer
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jul 2014
Ok. I found how tell what bootloader I'm running. The baseband and bootloader do match.

Sent from my SGH-I747M

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes