Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,418 Members 46,285 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hard Bricked my AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-i747 by Flashing INTERNATIONAL ROM

Tip us?
 
DocHoliday77
Old
#11  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,056
Posts: 8,692
Join Date: May 2011
Location: HuntsVegas!!!

 
DONATE TO ME
Sometimes it takes several tries with the correct image before it'll work. Sometimes some SD cards just won't work. Are you sure its a genuine card? Sammy cards are very often found to be fakes.
Not saying it is, just a possibility. Try other SD cards too if you can. Even good ones just won't do the job sometimes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
 
jabbaravila
Old
#12  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 10
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
Sometimes it takes several tries with the correct image before it'll work. Sometimes some SD cards just won't work. Are you sure its a genuine card? Sammy cards are very often found to be fakes.
Not saying it is, just a possibility. Try other SD cards too if you can. Even good ones just won't do the job sometimes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
It's a card that I purchased from Wal-Mart, I assume it's legit.

Can you anyway direct me or post links to debrick images that are known to work?

p.s.- by try several times do you mean, Formatting sdcard, using win32 to write debrick image then putting it back into the phone?
 
DocHoliday77
Old
#13  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,056
Posts: 8,692
Join Date: May 2011
Location: HuntsVegas!!!

 
DONATE TO ME
If you were on 4.1.2 firmware, the 4.3 image in the op should work. Its been proven before.

Yes. Remake the sdcard. Can't recall if its in this forums op, but I personally used and prefer the Linux method of creating the sdcard. If its not here, go to the thread in the development section in T-Mobiles S3 forums. Its stickied at the top so you can't miss it. It has instructions for using both windows and a Linux LiveCD. Just don't use any Debrick.imgs from there.

As for the card itself, I hope things have gotten better about it, but in the past, faked sdcards have come from places like Walmart, best buy, radio shack, etc. The only way to truly know before buying is to make sure they are an authorized retailer. This means they buy direct from the manufacturer. Otherwise there could be multiple parties between the two which is where the problems occur. If you want to know more about it, there's tons of info and advice all over the net about this stuff. There are tools you can use to determine yours is the real deal, or a cheap knock off too. I can't remember what they are or what you have to look for when using them, but the info is out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
 
jabbaravila
Old
#14  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 10
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
If you were on 4.1.2 firmware, the 4.3 image in the op should work. Its been proven before.

Yes. Remake the sdcard. Can't recall if its in this forums op, but I personally used and prefer the Linux method of creating the sdcard. If its not here, go to the thread in the development section in T-Mobiles S3 forums. Its stickied at the top so you can't miss it. It has instructions for using both windows and a Linux LiveCD. Just don't use any Debrick.imgs from there.

As for the card itself, I hope things have gotten better about it, but in the past, faked sdcards have come from places like Walmart, best buy, radio shack, etc. The only way to truly know before buying is to make sure they are an authorized retailer. This means they buy direct from the manufacturer. Otherwise there could be multiple parties between the two which is where the problems occur. If you want to know more about it, there's tons of info and advice all over the net about this stuff. There are tools you can use to determine yours is the real deal, or a cheap knock off too. I can't remember what they are or what you have to look for when using them, but the info is out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
The SD card is good. I used Mini Tool Partition Wizard to verify that files were being transferred between my computer and the sd card.
Is this method verified to work if you flash an International rom onto a US device ?
 
jabbaravila
Old
#15  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 10
Join Date: Sep 2014
I'm running low on options. I've tried 7 different debrick.img's with no luck.

Is there a link to numerous debrick imgaes for my issuse?
 
DocHoliday77
Old
#16  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,056
Posts: 8,692
Join Date: May 2011
Location: HuntsVegas!!!

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbaravila View Post
The SD card is good. I used Mini Tool Partition Wizard to verify that files were being transferred between my computer and the sd card.
Is this method verified to work if you flash an International rom onto a US device ?
Yes its worked for this situation before. Maybe try creating it using Linux. Could also be that SD card just isn't going to work. There's no way to tell which ones will or won't. I've seen high quality class 10 cards fail where a generic class 4 worked. That's not usually the case but it does happen.
How many times are you trying with each image? Just use a known good one from the OP. Back when I did this I probably ended up with close to 15 attempts before it finally worked for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes