Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

[Q] HELP!!! ATT Galaxy S3 I747 unestable network or band conection

OP santij07

20th July 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27

56 posts
I have a ATT sgh-i747 4.4.2 KitKat unlocked and I use for Carrier Claro PR the connection to 4G lost in a few minutes from start up I can not do a call or use internet only wifi, I put apn from Claro PR LTE but nothing, I go to ServiceMode and in band selection are in Automatic I change to GSM all and works but in edge network for internet too slow but I can do any call, then I change to WCDMA all but not work I use WCDMA 850mhz only this works 4G, I use LTE all but only internet connection, what I can do to have all connection works including LTE. Thanks, if someone can help me will be apreciate.
20th July 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,395

9,095 posts
Donate to Me
More
Did it ever work properly on that carrier. If so, when did this start, and did you do anything to the device (flashing, modding, etc) just before it started?
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2014, 03:33 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

56 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Did it ever work properly on that carrier. If so, when did this start, and did you do anything to the device (flashing, modding, etc) just before it started?

HI Doc thanks for respond, I bought this phone used and phone have version 4.3 with PhilipTouch Recovery but system not have root or SuperSU then I flash stock recovery to use the update.cfg rename it to.zip and now are 4.4.2 stock rom official but in 4.3 same issue with network, I copy from my fathers phone att s3 NVfiles with QPST and I flashed to mine and put again my imei but nothing, what do you really think what happened in you're experience?
21st July 2014, 06:08 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,095 posts
Donate to Me
More
Im not really sure, but since you bought it used you should check to make sure the imei isnt blacklisted.

Does your fathers S3 work on the same network? Try swapping SIM cards. Test your card in his device and your device with his card.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

56 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Im not really sure, but since you bought it used you should check to make sure the imei isnt blacklisted.

Does your fathers S3 work on the same network? Try swapping SIM cards. Test your card in his device and your device with his card.

My fathers phone is from ATT network, but I put my imei from my broken phone Galaxy s3 and is not black listed and is from Claro PR Network but let me see if my father give me again his phone because he don't want any body touch it and i dont know if is unlocked, I had to beg, and it was a miracle that gave me the phone to extract from his phone the nvfiles last time, you know if I can try something else DocHoliday??? Thanks.
Last edited by santij07; 21st July 2014 at 12:39 PM.
22nd July 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,095 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you changed the original IMEI that's exactly why you are experiencing problems.
Anything but the original one assigned to the device will most likely cause problems. Even if its from another device that's the same model.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread