OP turnerM_

4th July 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

If one of the buttons says AP on it, its 3.09. Otherwise its probably 3.07. The title should say Odin 3 or something similar if I remember right.

What did you use to edit it? What steps? And you are rooted, correct?

I use the built in text editor with Root Explorer. Most file managers should have the same. If doing this on the computer, make sure you are using Notepad++.

Yes, I am rooted. I used File Manager HD. It has a built in text editor as well. I'll try using Root Explorer though.
4th July 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,411

9,151 posts
Donate to Me
More
Not sure about File Manager HD, but was /system mounted with r/w permission? Anyway, hope Root Explorer works for you. Its a paid app though, so if you dont already have it you can try with Root Browser by jrummy.
4th July 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
More
Quote:

Not sure about File Manager HD, but was /system mounted with r/w permission? Anyway, hope Root Explorer works for you. Its a paid app though, so if you dont already have it you can try with Root Browser by jrummy.

I did what you said to the xml file, I rebooted, still didn't work.
4th July 2014, 06:44 AM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,151 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok. You may also nerd an insecure kernel with seLinux disabled. Did you try flashing the kt747 kernel? If that or flashing the stock rom I mentioned earlier doesn't help, the only other thing I could think to try is flashing the firmware, but we've already discussed that....
Maybe a factory reset again since editing that file? A long shot, but you never know!
4th July 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
More
Quote:

Ok. You may also nerd an insecure kernel with seLinux disabled. Did you try flashing the kt747 kernel? If that or flashing the stock rom I mentioned earlier doesn't help, the only other thing I could think to try is flashing the firmware, but we've already discussed that....
Maybe a factory reset again since editing that file? A long shot, but you never know!

Okay, it finally finished downloading so I'm going to try and flash enewman17's rom with CWM. Before I do so, is there any way for me to downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3? I'm not quite sure if that's possible because of the bootloaders..
If I flash that kt747 kernel will that brick the device? In your post on the thread about enewman17's rom you said it didn't work with stock kernels.
Last edited by turnerM_; 4th July 2014 at 08:48 AM.
4th July 2014, 09:03 AM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
More
Thank you so much for you help!
Thank you so much for your help Doc. You pointed me in the right direction, and I was able to fix the issue. It was seLinux doing the trouble. I did what OkAstro did: "I installed SELinuxMode Changer and NextApp SDfix from Play Store and my internal and external seem to work fine...stock kernel" on enewman17's rom thread. It worked. Thanks!
4th July 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #17  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,151 posts
Donate to Me
More
Right on! Glad you got it sorted out! Good to know about the mode changer app. I haven't been telling anyone about it because I heard it no longer worked. Maybe it was just on aosp/cm roms.....
Anyway, to answer your questions from before, no you cannot downgrade your firmware. You can still flash older roms and kernels, but not the full firmware/bootloaders.

Im not sure which of my posts you're referring to, but I dont think I ever said the kt747 kernel didn't work. Unless i was specifically referring to a certain issue....or was I speculating it might have problems since it was originally built for my Sprint Port? Either way, that kernel brick your phone. If it does have any problems you could just flash another one.

The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread