How can I make my PC see all of Internal Storage files?

7th July 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

308 posts
There quite a few folders and files that I can see with SManager, but not with regular Windows explorer on my PC when I browse through Internal Storage. I use AOKP KitKat 4.4.4 6-28-2014 ROM with 7-3-2014 KT747 Kernel and all the latest GAPP updates.

Also, when I use SManager to delete certain folders and files, it seems to be doing so, but as soon as I close and open SManager again, those folders re-appear. For example, I can't even delete KTweaker folder. It re-appears even though the program itself was closed and remained closed, so it couldn't have re-created the folder. The folder was simply never deleted. I do find that sometimes deletion of files and folders works only after I perform a reboot on my SGS3.

Finally, I can't even see all Camera Photo files when my SGS3 is connected to my PC using Windows 8.1. I have to first copy those files to my PC HDD and only then I can view them.

I want to have full access to all files and folders when I connect my SGS3 to my PC and browse it as a USB device. It is connected as Media Device (MTP) USB Debugging is enabled in Developer Options. Allow Mock Locations is also enabled. Unknown Sources enabled. Verify Apps is disabled.

All in all this folder and file access stuff is highly annoying!
7th July 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais
Thanks Meter: 1,699

3,865 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX

There quite a few folders and files that I can see with SManager, but not with regular Windows explorer on my PC when I browse through Internal Storage. I use AOKP KitKat 4.4.4 6-28-2014 ROM with 7-3-2014 KT747 Kernel and all the latest GAPP updates.

Also, when I use SManager to delete certain folders and files, it seems to be doing so, but as soon as I close and open SManager again, those folders re-appear. For example, I can't even delete KTweaker folder. It re-appears even though the program itself was closed and remained closed, so it couldn't have re-created the folder. The folder was simply never deleted. I do find that sometimes deletion of files and folders works only after I perform a reboot on my SGS3.

Finally, I can't even see all Camera Photo files when my SGS3 is connected to my PC using Windows 8.1. I have to first copy those files to my PC HDD and only then I can view them.

I want to have full access to all files and folders when I connect my SGS3 to my PC and browse it as a USB device. It is connected as Media Device (MTP) USB Debugging is enabled in Developer Options. Allow Mock Locations is also enabled. Unknown Sources enabled. Verify Apps is disabled.

All in all this folder and file access stuff is highly annoying!

You might have to delete those "re-appearing" folders with the right permissions. But things like KTweaker's folder will always comeback if you use the kernel and app.

As for seeing every folders, make sure you're on mass storage and you might have to play with some settings on Win8.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread