Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,082 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

installing custom rom involving zip file and md5 file?

Tip us?

princetlive
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default installing custom rom involving zip file and md5 file?

ok so im having problem trying to flash C-rom series. How do i flash this rom?
There are two parts that we are suppose to download, the zip file and md5 file.
how do i go ahead and flash this?
i went to recovery mode and tried to install the zip file but didnt work, it said md5 file is missing.
are we suppose to merge those files together first? and create new zip file and then flash it?

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,009

DONATE TO ME
Ive seen a lot of roms not include an md5sum. But usually they will still flash. Check the settings in recovery to make sure its not requiring it. The md5 isnt an extra file, its a value based on a hash of the file itself which is them embedded into the files properties if im not mistaken. Its done to ensure file/download integrity. Anyway, you should be able to turn it off somewhere in recovery.

princetlive
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
Ive seen a lot of roms not include an md5sum. But usually they will still flash. Check the settings in recovery to make sure its not requiring it. The md5 isnt an extra file, its a value based on a hash of the file itself which is them embedded into the files properties if im not mistaken. Its done to ensure file/download integrity. Anyway, you should be able to turn it off somewhere in recovery.
thanks a lot for on time reply's! yes md5 is not really required i guess after all. I was able to flash the C-rom series. thanks again!