Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

installing custom rom involving zip file and md5 file?

OP princetlive

5th July 2014, 07:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Waterloo
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
More
ok so im having problem trying to flash C-rom series. How do i flash this rom?
There are two parts that we are suppose to download, the zip file and md5 file.
how do i go ahead and flash this?
i went to recovery mode and tried to install the zip file but didnt work, it said md5 file is missing.
are we suppose to merge those files together first? and create new zip file and then flash it?
5th July 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,486

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ive seen a lot of roms not include an md5sum. But usually they will still flash. Check the settings in recovery to make sure its not requiring it. The md5 isnt an extra file, its a value based on a hash of the file itself which is them embedded into the files properties if im not mistaken. Its done to ensure file/download integrity. Anyway, you should be able to turn it off somewhere in recovery.
5th July 2014, 07:56 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Waterloo
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Ive seen a lot of roms not include an md5sum. But usually they will still flash. Check the settings in recovery to make sure its not requiring it. The md5 isnt an extra file, its a value based on a hash of the file itself which is them embedded into the files properties if im not mistaken. Its done to ensure file/download integrity. Anyway, you should be able to turn it off somewhere in recovery.

thanks a lot for on time reply's! yes md5 is not really required i guess after all. I was able to flash the C-rom series. thanks again!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread