Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

LTE Problems

OP Starholdest

30th June 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 27

367 posts
More
Hey guys

I installed a nightly of CM11 a while ago and it broke my LTE. The consensus is that you need to install a stock-based ROM, then flash back to CM11 to get LTE working again.

I have flashed an MK5 modem, but am unsure of my bootloader compatibility with the current TouchWiz ROM's out there.

I am on the MF1 bootloader (Canadian phone). Do I need to upgrade/downgrade my bootloader to install any of these TW ROM's? Or can I just flash between TW and CM11 to my heart's consent?

The ROM's say you must be running a 4.3 modem and bootloader...but I can't find any info on whether or not MF1 is a 4.3 bootloader or not?

Thanks,
Elliott
2nd July 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal

367 posts
More
Bump
2nd July 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I haven't tried cm11 yet but using c-rom I had these problems. under settings-mobile networks-preferred network type, check to see the right network is selected. If you don't have these options then my apologies.
2nd July 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais
Thanks Meter: 1,705

3,881 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starholdest

Hey guys

I installed a nightly of CM11 a while ago and it broke my LTE. The consensus is that you need to install a stock-based ROM, then flash back to CM11 to get LTE working again.

I have flashed an MK5 modem, but am unsure of my bootloader compatibility with the current TouchWiz ROM's out there.

I am on the MF1 bootloader (Canadian phone). Do I need to upgrade/downgrade my bootloader to install any of these TW ROM's? Or can I just flash between TW and CM11 to my heart's consent?

The ROM's say you must be running a 4.3 modem and bootloader...but I can't find any info on whether or not MF1 is a 4.3 bootloader or not?

Thanks,
Elliott

MF1 is 4.1.2. The latest Canadian bootloader is MK5 (Which you can't downgrade from).
2nd July 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal

367 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWolf56

MF1 is 4.1.2. The latest Canadian bootloader is MK5 (Which you can't downgrade from).

Oh geez okay. So what should I do?

Sent from my S3
2nd July 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais

3,881 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Oh geez okay. So what should I do?

Sent from my S3

Well usually you need the same modem as your bootloaders. Some of them are really picky so having the MK5 might be why your LTE isn't working.

You can grab the stock ROM in the general stickies and flash it with Odin though (make sure to backup) if flashing a 4.1.2 modem doesn't fix it.
2nd July 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal

367 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWolf56

Well usually you need the same modem as your bootloaders. Some of them are really picky so having the MK5 might be why your LTE isn't working.

You can grab the stock ROM in the general stickies and flash it with Odin though (make sure to backup) if flashing a 4.1.2 modem doesn't fix it.

Okay. What I'm most concerned about is flashing a 4.3 TW ROM with the bootloader that I have. Is having a bootloader from 4.1.2 a bad thing? Or can I install all ROM's with MF1?

Sent from my S3
2nd July 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais

3,881 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Okay. What I'm most concerned about is flashing a 4.3 TW ROM with the bootloader that I have. Is having a bootloader from 4.1.2 a bad thing? Or can I install all ROM's with MF1?

Sent from my S3

Only the downgrade is dangerous, you can upgrade without any problem. That being said, you could just flash the stock 4.1.2.
2nd July 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal

367 posts
More
And if I flash a stock based ROM will it upgrade my bootloader to one I won't be able to downgrade from?

Any suggestions for ROM's?

Sent from my S3
3rd July 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais

3,881 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

And if I flash a stock based ROM will it upgrade my bootloader to one I won't be able to downgrade from?

Any suggestions for ROM's?

Sent from my S3

It depends which one you decide to flash. You can flash stock 4.1.2 just like you could flash 4.3 (which you can't downgrade from).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread